Tuesday, 10 July 2012

"Friends"



Tuesday 10th July 2012
Good Morning, Ironing all done, dinner done for tonight, way ahead of myself today.
Off to be with Hazel as she gets her next dose of Chemo, next one will be the last.
Hazel I salute you for being so positive.   


Believe it or not this card was made from the "Bit Box".  The Paisley background you can see popping out is done by inking an M-Bossibility "Paisley" folder before putting the card in and running it through the Cuttlebug.  First time I tried this, OMG!! it was far too dark, me at my best being heavy handed................  I did not re-ink, and ran another piece through.  I did another one with the same ink, it was very delicate, I used it on a Wedding Card.  I popped this one into the Bit Box, for later use, the too dark one went in the bin!!

This is a 6x6 card base.
I matted lilac and purple then my inked piece.
I wrapped a piece of lace (bought in a market in Turkey, very cheap) I had threaded purple ribbon through, round all these layers before attaching it with foam pads to the base card.
A piece of Silver Mirri Card was run through the same folder (cleaned by this time) topped with a piece of purple also embossed, have you guessed, I rather like these embossing folders!!!!!
The white die cut was in the box just begging to be used, as well as some scraps of paper the flowers were die cut from.  I used Spellbinders Blossom No.1, Bitty Blossoms and leaves for these flowers.  Leaves were cut from bits I would normally throw away.  The thing I found most difficult was lining up the Ticket Sentiment with the Die to cut it out.  Anyone out there who uses these Tickets can you tell me an easy way please......................

That`s it for today

Patricia
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Patricia. Stunning colours. Sending lots of good vibes for Hazel too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show what you can put together out of a bit box - it's fab Patricia! Hope things go well with Hazel, sending our love!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete