Tuesday, 21 August 2012

"Pink and White"



Tuesday 21st August 2012
Good Morning thank you for stopping by to visit today
Well, the weather......!!!! it is very thick misty stuff at the moment, I can hardly see the other side of the street. Hopefully that will burn away soon I am off out this morning to meet Hazel for coffee and a chat.   Doing the Street Fair at Glamis on Saturday, we have both been making bits and pieces for this.  Will get all Hazels things, I live just a few miles along the road from Glamis, I will do the setting up that way Hazel does not have to be at Glamis till just before 1pm the official opening time.  We are hoping to do well as the money is for the Chemo Unit where Hazel has been having her treatment.  This will let them get extra things for the comfort of the patients.


My card today was inspired by one of Jenny`s I saw on her Blog, Cardsarus, pop over and have a look she has some really nice cards on there

Base card 8 x 6 cut from A3 Centura pearl from Crafter`s Companion
There is a white matt pricked round the edge next but the photo does not show this well
Pink card from stock embossed using a leaf Mask
Spellbinders accent border "Moroccan" I think!!
Circle embellishment made up of  Spellbinder Dies
"Lacy Circles and Daisy"
I cut 2 circles and offset them before adding daisies alternating pink and white
I added a large crystal gem, one off a sheet of them I got in an Angel Envelope from a member of the Joanna Sheen Forum
American seam binding 4 loop bow I tied on my "home made" Bowmaker
A Creative Expression Dazzler from Sam Poole Crafts to finish off the center
Sentiment done on the computer and added to pink card, I finished off the end like a fish tail

This card is a bit bigger than my usual, I do have someone in mind for it, will make a nice box rather than just my standard white box.
 I had been using Spellbinder Dies for years before I had even thought of a Blog.  Normally I just cut open the packets put the dies on Magnetic Sheets and popped them in little plastic wallets that Lili of the Valley sell very cheap.  I still do that but have learnt at least stick the name of the die on the back of the sheet so that I can tell you what I have used............you live and learn!!

That`s it for today
Thank you for stopping I really do appreciate it

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    wonderful impression of my card. I am so glad I have inspired you to do your version. That's what it's all about isn't it. Thank you for the mention too.
    May I give you a little tip. I don't know if you know this but when you put your picture on the blog.
    When it appears on the post your are creating put your cursor on the picture and left click your mouse. Up will comes sizes to make your picture. If you make it large. When people look at your blog they left click on the image and get a closer look at it. I hope you don't mind me mentioning it because with such a wonderful card you need a closer look. Lots of luck with your day and I hope you make lots of money a very worthy cause. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    It's me again forget what I last said about the blog picture.
    On looking again I see you have done it. I don't know why it didn't work the first time I looked at it.
    Lots of crafty love . Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia! Those dies are stunning!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete