Wednesday, 22 August 2012

"Buttons and Bows"



Wednesday 22nd August 2012
Good morning and welcome to my Blog today, thank you so much for stopping by I really do appreciate it.
Today as I look out the front of my house I see the hills clear and bright, look out the back....no hills can been seen for storm clouds, goodness knows what we will get.  Certainly feel we have had more than enough Monsoon style rain, the showers we had all day yesterday were horrendous.  Hazel and I had to have another cuppa to pass time till we could get to our cars yesterday, any excuse for more chat!!!!


I was rummaging in one of my boxes the other day and found a few things I forgot I had, does that sound familiar??  The four buttons mounted on the little card are actually beads, I bought them thinking I could use then on a pendant, the holes were far too small to get wire through.  I had put then away, with the big brads and the little lace heart that are also on the card, to use sometime....now found and used.

Base card 6x6 from Joanna Sheen
Pink card from stock
Backing paper printed from MCS Floriography CD 2
Card with the buttons is just a scrape piece I cut to size 
I distressed the edges and squiggled a border round added a flourish and the word Buttons
Buttons, Brads, Lace Heart and border Lace all from a Bit Box
Organza Ribbon tied in a triple loop bow using my trusty home made Bowmaker
Sentiment done on computer

I am going to try and enter this in the Ribbon Girls Challenge for August
I am not good on the computer, as a matter of fact I am rather stupid when it comes to things like this but I will have a go and see what happens.  I "can" actually read, but am hopeless at reading technical instructions.  Give me a complicated knitting pattern, a sewing pattern I manage those no problem.  Never mind the worst that can happen is it does not work......................

That`s it for today
Hope to see you again soon

Patricia 



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    Your card today is very pretty. Wonderful design too. You know you mentioned technical skills on my blog. Well mine are not very good either. Perhaps we shall learn from each other on our little blog journey together hey. I hope you had a good day with your fund raising yesterday. By the way I see you live in Scotland. I love that part of the country. We have holidayed 3 times there and found the people sooooo friendly. A bit like what you sound like to me. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia, Love your card and especially the buttons on a button card. Feel free to copy and paste the bottom line from my post, from yesterday to get your link into the challenge, then you just have to manage your link there. Give me a shout if I can help. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fab Patricia, the buttons and the lace look great!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia this is gorgeous and that is a fab idea with the beads as buttons. Really love this.
    Hugs linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty Patricia, thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl colour challenge.

    It was quite difficult to find your card as you had linked your whole blog instead of your project. Next time (and for other challenge blogs too) once you have published your project on your blog click on the title of that particular blog entry then copy that url to paste into the challenge blog

    ReplyDelete