Thursday, 23 August 2012

"Altered Cheese Box"


Thursday 23rd August 2012
Good Morning and welcome to my Blog your visit is much appreciated
It is very early in the morning so still quite dark as I do this.   The paths round the house are dry, the sky to the front is clear, to East and North there are a few clouds, on the whole it looks like it could be a good day.


Not a card today. 
Last week I bought cheese triangles in this deep box, right away I had "crafty thoughts".  I emptied the triangles into another container and had the empty box sitting out and twice I had to retrieve it from the paper re-cycling container in the house, John and his tidying up!!!!!   When I told him I wanted it for a project, he rolled his eyes in disbelief ........................a cheese box!!!!  Yep! a cheese box, so here it is, actually I think he is rather impressed.

One deep cheese triangle box
Painted inside and out with Sheena Douglas Paint in pink...well what else!
Base covered with some pale patterned backing paper from the Bit Box and
Deep lace from my Lace Box threaded with some pink ribbon
Narrow ribbon and lace were also used to cover the outside of the lid
I cut a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle and  Lacy Circles placed them on the top
I cut Spellbinders Classic Circles to make the rose, leaves from the Foliage set
Tied a double bow with some narrow lace, all placed on the top

Sssshh!!  I will let you into a little secret, once all the decoration was done the lid did not fit...............typical, should have thought of that!!!  
However, I will fill the box with some Home Made Truffles, leave the lid open a little "decoratively" tie it all up with Cellophane to give to my neighbour Ann for her birthday.  Her husband Ian cuts the grass along the road outside of both our properties, they have a ride-on so it is so much easier.  We have fantastic neighbours who have been a great help over the past few years after John had a bad accident, really do not know what we would have done without them.  

That`s it for today,
Thank you for stopping by

Patricia
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    I'm bowled over with your box today. What a fantastic project and oh soooooooo BEAUTIFUL. I find it truly amazing. The work involved and so wonderfully done too. Love the colours. Your neighbour will be so pleased with it. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw, well from humble beginnings to such a stunner. You made me smile also with the in and out of recycling. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box looks great Patricia. When I made my first one, everybody wanted one to keep things in. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete