Sunday, 26 August 2012

"Sunset Sailing"


Sunday 26th August 2012
Good Morning and thank you for visiting, I hope you have time to let me know you called in, I love to read the comments left.

Wow! the sky is clear, at this moment I think it might be a nice day today. Yesterday started similarly but it changed dramatically by lunchtime. 
 My faithful followers will know my sister Hazel and I had a table at the Street Fayre in Glamis yesterday.   Would you believe that there was black skies, thunder and lightening, torrential rain all round us.   Glamis its self had a shower during the official opening at 1pm another around 3pm and that was it.  Someone up there! was looking after us.  We did very well, sold lots, and made money for the Chemo Unit where Hazel has been having her treatment, we are delighted with the final totals.  We now have a nice amount to give to the Maggies Centre in Dundee and also the Chemo Unit.   Hazel and I are going off on holiday Monday 3rd September, when we get back we will present them both with their cheques.


Today`s card is a card I have made with an image I got last week along with the one I used a couple of days ago,  They were in an Angle Envelope from Julie Rose on the Joanna Sheen forum.

Base card 5 x 7 approx
Chocolate brown card for the matt then soft white card pierced round the edge
Chocolate brown cut with Spellbinders Romantic Die
Soft cream cut with the next die down in the set, then the image
I have left the card blank at the moment will add a sentiment when I use it

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in it is much appreciated

Patricia  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    very lovely card. I love the sunset image, and those rectangle dies you have used. I'm so glad yesterday wasn't a wash out, and that you manged to raise lots of money for a very worthy cause. Have a great crafty Sunday everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    I have seen your comments on Jenny's blog so I decided to come and visit you - and I've become your latest follower. A lovely sunset scene on a lovely card. Your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers and I'm glad you had a good time testerday and raised the funds you needed. Best wishes from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you did well at your fair! Your card is so serene I love it!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patricia. Thanks for your wishes. Unfortunately Kayley lives in Cape Town so I only got to see her on Skype and yes, I quite agree, far too many presents. Spoilt rotten she is! Love this calming card, so beautiful. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete