Saturday, 4 August 2012

"Shabby Chic"



Saturday 4th August 2012
Good Morning and welcome to my Blog today.
Nice and bright, the sun is there but unfortunately so are the clouds, it is early hopefully they will burn back to give us another nice day.   Nothing much planned for today, we will just see how things go.  On Thursday morning our neighbours son offered to cut the hedge along the front of our property.  Our house is built in the corner of a field so it is a field hedge, not an easy job.  He managed to cut one half on Thursday, said he will be back today.   We have to help clear up, that might just be enough to keep us busy today.

My card is a bit out of my comfort zone being Shabby Chic, I quite like it and might have a go at another soon.

Base Card approx 5 x 7 
White card from Hazel`s gift
I cut another piece slightly smaller roughed the edges then used distress inks
Doily cut from a Marianne`s Die
Label, Nit Wit paper scrap from my box, I cut the shape myself
Bow using American Seam Binding
Flowers and Pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves cut from a Crealies Die
Sentiment, Stamping Up stamp

I enjoyed making this although I was very wary of the Shabby Chic look, my cards are usually Clean Cut.
I have some ideas for others, we will wait and see if they materialise.

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping into have a look it is much appreciated

Patricia 

I have entered this card in the In The Pink Challenge for August

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lovely effects, it is definitely worth playing and sharing. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS SHABBY CHIC LOOK THX 4 SHARING

    ReplyDelete