Sunday, 12 August 2012

"From the Heart"



Sunday 12th August 2012
Good Morning and welcome!!
Up very early this morning, still not quite daylight so looks rather dull out there.
Nothing much on for today that I know of at the moment, will see what happens when "Sleeping Beauty" wakens, that`s hubby John by the way........................!!!!


My card today was inspired by something I saw the other day when I was in Blairgowrie shopping.  There is a little shop that does, making curtains, cushions and these material Banners for all occasions, rather American in some ways I would say.  Anyway, in the window they had these really nice Canvases with initials on them decorated with buttons, rather expensive they were.  I thought Mmmm!! buttons!! I have loads, not enough of any one colour to make one of my Button Necklaces but enough for things like that.  When I got back home I had a little rummage, in the Button Jar, I just love! stirring all the buttons in the jar, here is what came it.

Base card 5 x 7 approx cut from A3 Centura Pearl
Pink card from stock, scalloped edge done with a Spellbinder Edge-abilities die
A page torn and distressed from my English /Turkish Dictionary
(Did not do me that much good when we lived there so might as well put it to good use now)
A heart using a Die I have no idea who`s it is or where I got it
Buttons from my Button Box
Piece of pink ribbon and a heart charm from stash
Sentiment done on computer

The Beaded heart is one of a few I made yesterday.  I am getting stock ready for the Craft Fair Hazel and I have a table at, on 25th August in the village at Glamis Castle.  I just thought the colours went together.

That`s it for today
Thank you for looking in today it is much appreciated.

Patricia

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia

    Your heart card is fabulous... love it's pink background and ribbon.... and can imagine how wonderful it would be if all the buttons were in pink!! LOL

    I love Blairgowrie... though it's a long time since I was there!

    Thank you for joining in our very first challenge. We are so excited to see how many pinkies are out there... and we look forward to seeing you in our future challenges. But could I ask you please to link to our challenge at the end of your post as it mentions in our guidelines? Just to show to others that you are entering. If you are not sure how to do this, email me and I'll help.

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

    Patricia this is fabulous, I have a button tin which has been handed down from my Grandmother who used to snip buttons off any clothes before they went into the ragbag to be used for cleaning. The ultimate recycler!

    Cheers,

    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete