Monday, 6 August 2012

"New Paper Roses"



Monday 6th August 2012
Good morning, welcome, thank you popping in today.
Weather rather undecided at the moment, hopefully we can have a nice day.  Yesterday was not that great weather wise but it did not actually rain till mid afternoon so that was something.


I have an experiment to share with you today.  Yesterday I was trawling www.iconuk.co.uk looking at all the new Spellbinder Dies that they have on pre-order for release mid August.  I do have a few on order but I still like to have a wee look now and again.  I was looking at the new Blossom Die they have which is separate fancy edged circle Dies rather than the spiral ones of the other Blossom Dies they have done in the past.   It made me think................if you can make flowers from that, I am sure I could make similar with the Classic Circle Dies.  So!!! that`s what I experimented with, here is a card I made with some my results.  I still have a way to go to get things right but not too bad for the first attempt.  The new Blossom Dies will give softer edges as they have large scallops.  What do you think???

Base Card 6 x 6 cut down a little 
Paper doily I had in my box
Used some of the distress ink I used on the roses to colour the edge of the doily
Piece of purple card  embossed with Cuttlebug Folder - Swiss Dots
The roses are sitting on a silver base of one of the hearts I make as pendants
(look back into June to see these)
A bow of lace, I got a bag of this lace from Jackie on the Joanna Sheen Forum
Some Die Cut leaves and a little silver heart charm from my stash

That`s it for today
If you have time, comments on my attempts would be appreciated 

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia! Marvellous job done with your experiment, loving your bit of lace too!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete