Tuesday, 28 August 2012

"Tag Card"


Tuesday 28th August 2012
Good Morning welcome to my Blog thank you for calling in, if you have time please let me know you called by leaving a message, I love to read each one.


My card today is dedicated to my sister Hazel.  I saw this "quote" and thought of her. Followers of my blog will know Hazel has been through a lot this year but has always come out of these horrible Chemo treatments in such a positive way.  She has been given her date for Radio Therapy but before all that we are going off on holiday together.  This holiday, booked long before she had her diagnosis has been her goal , so now it is only 6 days till we go.

Base card 4 x 8 approx
I embossed this with a leaf Embossing Mask
Distressed it them Heat embossed a design on it
(I learnt something, I should have Heat Embossed before distressing)
Cut a matt of pink card which I also distressed
Did the "Quote" on the computer and distressed it 
My roses were cut and made from Spellbinder Classic Circle Dies
Leaves from Spellbinder Foliage die
A brown organza bow to finish it off

 I have ordered the Spellbinder Blossom 5 die which will give my roses a softer edge, I wish it would hurry up.......................I am so impatient.  I ordered it as Sue Wilson has a Tutorial over on her Blog today for roses using the Blossom 5 Die her roses are just stunning.  Sue`s Blog is particraft.blogspot.com pop over and have a look there are some beautiful cards there.
That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in it is much appreciated

Patricia

4 comments:

  1. Morning! This is such a lovely card Patricia and your roses are beautiful - you will love Blossom 5, I've been playing with it and hope to use it on one of my cards this week for the first time. I hope your sister is doing okay now and you have a lovely holiday before her radiotherapy, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours. That die set you have ordered does look very useful, I have a Blosson die set so I might try the tutorial you pointed out. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    really beautiful card. Hazel will adore it. I need those blossom dies, like today. lol. Was it you that won Christine's little give away? Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia! Love your blog - you are very talented. Love the beautiful flowers and the attention you give your layouts. I'm definitely going to follow you! To answer your question you left on my blog, the woodgrain paper is My Mind's Eye "On the Bright Side"... it's a little 6x6 pad that I bought. I love MME... be sure to check out the woodgrain paper also in Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" and Miss Caroline "Fiddlesticks". If you don't already have it... you'll be wanting it. lol

    ReplyDelete