Wednesday, 15 August 2012

"Coffee, Cream and Roses"



Wednesday 15th August 2012
Good Morning and welcome to my Blog today
Looking out at the moment it is grey, looks rather cold and it is windy.  Oh! where Oh! where did our summer go??  Apart from a Patio Rose all the roses in the garden have struggled this year.  They start to come out, down comes the rain, next time you look they are rotten.  However my roses today should last a little longer.  I found some rose paper in our Grandsons Craft Cupboard when I was cleaning it out the other day.  I do not normally do "orange" so I had given it to them, it was rather crumpled but I managed to save a bit for today`s card.

Base card 5 x 7 approx
Cut from my Co-Ordination 12 x 12 Naturals Pad
Cream card stock embossed with Spellbinders (Paisley) M-Bossing Folder
Strip of rose paper from Making Cards Magazines
Border cut using Spellbinders Sue Wilson Design Die
Leaves Spellbinders Foliage Dies
Rose made using Classic Circle Dies and 160gsm card also found in boys cupboard
Brown 5mm pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon from my Ribbon Box

Funny when the card is all put together you see the mistakes.  I should have either raised the border die on foam pads or cut it in the darker card, will know the next time.............!!
The rose paper was a Nancy Watt paper from making Cards Magazine. They give fantastic quality papers each month, not always to my taste.  If that`s the case the boys get some, the rest goes in a bag with other "Bits" once the bag is full it goes to their school.  The children use the bits, it is amazing the amount of things the boys have made where I actually recognise some, at least I know they do use them. 

That`s it for today
Can I just say "Thank You" to the people who have been popping in to look at my Blog.  All of them do not leave comments but I do appreciate the visit.

Patricia 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I like this very much. You have had some die cutting fun. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete