Friday, 31 August 2012

"Tattered Roses"

Friday 31st August 2012

Good morning and welcome to my Blog, I am so glad you popped in for a visit.  If you have time please leave a wee message so that I know you called, I love to read them all.

Only a couple more sleeps then Hazel and I are off  on our annual holiday together YES!!!


My card today is one I made from my box of  "projects half done" Oh! My! Word! I had to do this or I would have needed a bigger box!!!


Base card 8 x 8  -   Joanna Sheen
Pink card, I use this colour of card a lot so there are always plenty of bits
Polka dot printed from Rob Adams Polka Dot Check and Tartan Paper CD
Floral from a Nitwit Collection download, bits of both papers used on previous cards
Flourishes cut from bits using a Crealies Die -  Joanna Sheen
Spellbinder Bitty Blossoms Die for all the flowers using just bits
A few pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts also a few punched butterflies

I decided to give this card a Shabby Chic look, not really my scene but I do like to try things.  I tore the floral paper, distressed the edges of the Polka dot.
Once I put them together I was not so sure about the torn bit so decided to cover most of it with the roses.
I love making flowers so I cut out loads.  Because the embossing on these does not have to be too deep I put 2 pieces of paper together for each flower.  Lay all the dies on, I get far more done on one pass through my Calibur.
People ask how I manage to get my petals on my roses so rounded  -  I use my Round Nosed Jewelery Pliers to manipulate the petals once they are dry.

If any of my usual followers are wondering if Elaine liked her gift, guess what!!!.......................she called me on her way home to Perthshire from Newcastle to say she would not make it.  Elaine and her hubby had gone off on Monday morning for a few days, to let Elaine do some shopping, a treat for her birthday.  Oh! Man! can Elaine shop!!!!  when we go on trips to the USA she always gets an extra baggage allowance.   She is coming this evening instead.

That`s it for today
Thank you for stopping by I really do appreciate it

Patricia
 


8 comments:

  1. HI Patricia,
    and good morning. Well another really beautiful card. Of course my fav colour pink. Your roses are soooooo pretty. I too love to make the roses. I curl mine with a cocktail stick. I used to make my roses with my Cricut machine. I would cut out one of the flower shapes in different sizes and then make the rose, but nowadays I use my G/C and dies. Will show one on my blog so you can see what I'm talking about.
    Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    it's me again. Sorry about the spelling mistake.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Patricia, I like the effect of the flowers going up the centre of the card with the swirls going out. Must try that after I do my boy cards as I have a selection of butterfly dies that need using. I don't blame you for getting excited about leaving this rain behind. Safe journey for you both. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. S T U N N I N G!!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~in oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, what a gorgeous card, I love your roses! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful card Patricia! Love the colours and the flowers are beautiful (I can't ever seem to get mine right!). The flourish details are perfect too. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. If you get to make a star I'd love to see it! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if that card is your idea of not being sure about 'shabby chic' I'd love to see one when you are sure - it's beautiful! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Have a great holiday! As for the box of 'almost' done projects , I have one those too. I was only looking at it this afternoon, but that's as far as I got, just looking at it! Would love to see your stars, when you make them :)
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa Nellie!! This is a stunner for sure. You sure have a talent for those flowers - you just bowl me over girl! Such a pretty pretty card.

    ReplyDelete