Thursday, 30 August 2012

"For My Friend"

Thursday 30th August 2012
If you have called back because I had problems earlier today, thank you very much.  I do love that you take time to call.  Please leave a little message so I know you visited I love to read them all.

Oh! My! Word! have I had problems trying to get this on here today.

I made up quite a few cards from my "Unfinished Project" box yesterday, the weather here was appalling to say the least.  However this is not one of them.  I was frantically pressing buttons, this is what came up so we will use it!!!!  This is for my friend Elaine who comes every Thursday evening, it was her birthday yesterday.  I bought her a little antique perfume bottle, I made her card and the box for her gift to kind of match.


Base card cut on Grand Calibur using Spellbinder Large Circle Die
I used a mixture of distress inks round the edges
I cut 2 more circles using Spellbinder Dies (think they were lacy circles)
I have offset these to give a lacy look
Made my usual rose using Classic Circle Dies
Leaves are cut using Crealies Die CL CS 11 from Joanna Sheen
                          
Box made with Centura Pearl card from Crafter`s Companion
The topper on the box is made up slightly smaller than the card but in the same way
I hung a little Dragonfly charm on the box, this matches a Dragonfly on the top of the Perfume Bottle

I have made a box for the card, I have left that plain, feel there is enough decoration on everything else
Elaine is coming as usual this evening so I do hope she likes her gift

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really do appreciate it

Patricia

9 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, well your post made it all the way from Scotland to Australia so something is working! Gorgeous creations, love the matching set.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    I am so glad you got your problem sorted. I tried to leave a message earlier but it wouldn't take it.
    Now to your card and box they are very beautiful and stunning. Your friend will be soooooo pleased with them. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia, What a beautiful creation. I'm sure she will love it. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, just popped over from Linda's Creative Harmony blog to have a peep at yours. I'm a non-blogger but love to see the beautiful creations made by the ladies in fantastic blog land which give me so much inspiration. Your card and box for your friend is just stunning and so much love has gone into it, what a lucky friend she is and what a lovely friend you are. Have a lovely day, Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely Patricia. Your friend will be delighted. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,
    What a stunning card and box. Beautiful colours and the layout is delightful, I think the recipient will be over the moon when they see this.
    In your comment on my blog today you said you weren't bothering with Challenges again, please don't say that, your creations are lovely and it was only a tiny error you made. Once you know, I promise it is easy peasy.
    1. Go to the post that contains the card/other papercraft item you want to enter and click on the post Title/Heading (The name you gave it). This will bring up your blog page with only that post on it now.
    2. Highlight and copy the blog address (now you will see it has lots of other words attached to it-this is because it is linking directly to ONE post only).
    3. Paste this into the Linky tool of the blog offering the challenge and bobs your uncle. Just add your name etc and you're done. See I promised it was easy.
    Hope that helps and keeps you entering as your cards deserve to be there.
    Good luck sweetie. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey Patricia that is GORGEOUS! Elaine will have her socks blown off when she sees it!!! LOL! Have a lovely evening :-)
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, Thanks for the lovely angel envelope and the lovely things you said in your letter. Your cards are lovely, i really should use my big shot more often and I shall have to treat myself to more dies,

    ReplyDelete