Tuesday, 25 September 2012

"Basic Lattice - Again"

Good Morning Blog Friends, thank you so much for taking time to pop by today. I love having you here, and for taking the time to leave your comments.
Well yesterday was a bit of a busy day to say the least, sleeping late really puts things way out of order.

Today I was up and out before my clothes were properly on. Had a power cut sometime in the middle of the night, out with no shower, ours is a power one so no water without electricity.   Went along to John and Audrey`s about 8 miles from us.  OH! Man! what a journey, avoiding falling trees.  John and Audrey have a ancient tree at the bottom of their garden which shed a huge limb just as we came out of the drive.  The farmer next door has moved it with the aid if his tractor.  Thank God no one was driving past when it came down.

I had real problems with the Roses for today`s card don't know what was happening just could not get them they way I wanted.  I think it might have been the paper.

Base card 8 x 5 approx cut from A3 card stock
Burgundy card from my stash
Backing paper I have had for years I think it was Graphicus
White card from the Bit Box embossed with a Christmas M-Bossibility Folder
Spellbinders Basic Lattice cut from white Card Stock
Leaves cut using Crealie Die and Burgundy card
Some flat back pearls
Sentiment stamp from £1 box at the Hobbycraft shop


That`s it for today, a bit more of a card than yesterdays.  I found that Magic Wand later in the day so managed to conjure up something a bit more like my usual.
Thank you so much for calling in I really do appreciate it

Patricia

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. lovely card i wish i could make my roses like you my roses dont go right any day lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia, Ooooooooooo I love your colours today and the banner effect, beautiful card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, you certainly got you Mojo back, what a gorgeous card. Love the way you have cut the banners. Can't see anything wrong with the roses they look just fine to me.

    This weather is horrendous, thank goodness you missed the tree limb falling.

    Take care

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the roses look fine to me and I do like that attice background!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep saying I will get a die to make flowers. The problem is there are just so many dies that I would love to have. I knew I should have married a millionaire!! This is lovely Patricia and I think the rose is great.
    We had the same sort of day as you yesterday.We are also pretty isolated and often get stuck in when trees come down with the weather. Could cause quite a problem when I was a working girl!!!Fortunately our farmer neighbours are very good. Hope the weather improves for you.
    Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin the roses! Great banner pieces with pearls - really like that. Beautiful card as always Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,
    wonderful card. Love the design are the banners a die also ? The roses are really fab, but I know what you mean about the paper, some make excellent curled petals and some make just won't curl the way you want them to. I had that trouble with the pink roses on my white paper challenge box.
    On another note if you want a sneak peak at tonights dies on c and c go to Hopes and Chances blog. they are superb.
    I wish I also had married a millionaire, but I wouldn't part with mine for all the tea in china.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is fab Patricia and the roses look fine to me. Glad you didn't come in contact with the tree limb and I hope your power comes back on very soon.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia - this is lovely and there's nothing wrong with your roses. It's a little like the one I made the other week - but ... I used WOC flowers instead of making my own. I think yours looks great with your own patterned roses - brilliant.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, gorgeous card..love the banners and colours...and your roses are beautiful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely card. I just do not even try to make roses - I tried a couple of times and they were a disaster. I see nothing wrong with your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous Patricia! Nothing wrong with those roses I can assure you!!! Hope you got the electric sorted and got home safe!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The roses are perfect Patricia. I think the whole card is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete