Friday, 14 September 2012

"Monochrome Box"



Good Morning Blog friends, thank you for popping in today, I love to know that you have called.  If you have time please leave a message I love to read them all.


Have not been feeling too good since getting back however Hazel came over to visit yesterday, that fairly cheered me up.  That`s the first time she has been over on her own since she had her operation and started treatment, another BIG step along the way Hazel.   I had nothing really planned for today`s post, after Hazel left I had a look through my new dies, had a thought when I saw a die in the  Spellbinders Marvelous Squares pack.
The die has little slits round the perimeter perfect to thread ribbon through.  I was going to make a card then I thought if I threaded the ribbon through 4 die cuts I could make a box..... me and my boxes!!!!

Firstly I measured the size of the die cut and decided to make a box 31/4" x 4" made the lid 31/4" x 31/4" with a lid depth of 9/16" odd size I know but it fits
Made the box with Centura Pearl Card
I then worked on the decorative bit...........
Cut 4 squares in black card using the second die in on the set
Laid them all out and threaded American Seam Binding along them all sicking the ends down inside.
Then I "Wove" Seam  downwards again sticking inside after pulling all the slack in on the ribbon.
Stuck this round the outside of the box I had made, fitted pretty good I thought
Decorated the lid with a little bit of lace I found earlier in the day.
Made quadruple loop bow with American Seam Binding using my trusty Hand Made Bowmaker
Of course nothing at the moment is finished off if it does not have a "Rose"
Rose cut using Spellbinder Blossom Five Die in black then sprayed with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle form Crafter`s Companion.

This project was a lot of work but I really enjoyed doing it.  I am sure the next one will be better but you have to start some where.................!!!

That`s it for today 
Thank you for calling by, your visit really is appreciated

Thank you for all the well wishes, I am a lot better today.
Think I picked up a bug on the flight home, re-cycled air is really not good for you, is it???

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    what a beautiful box.You say the next one will be better, but boy this one is fantastic. Love the black and white. Very clever idea. Well done you as you haven't been well. Just waiting for my iron to cool down to refill it so I thought I would do a few blog hops while waiting.
    Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Patricia, loving your box! Sorry you've not been feeling well, hope you feel better now, crafty hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous box Patricia. Thanks for leaving a comment for my Candy. Did you actually want to enter? Your name isn't showing in the links!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning monochrome box Patricia....hope you feel better soon

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia, Sorry you are feeling peaky and hope you are fully recovered soon. The box looks great but your ribbon box must be shaking in fear or maybe it likes being used up - lol. Relax and have some crafty fun. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better soon. Gorgeous box Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia, I would still encourage youto enter, I'm happy to post to Scotland, if you win, it will only be surface mail and could take a while but I'm still happy to post OS

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is beautiful Patricia and what a brilliant way to use the dies!

    Glad you're feeling a bit better - I'm always ill after a flight too. As you say, recycled air isn't good!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Patricia this box is "AWESOME" such a clever way to use your ribbon! Glad you are feeling better, speak soon!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your woven box is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete