Saturday, 15 September 2012

"Botanical Birthday"



Good Morning Blog friends, thank you so much for all the kind comments you  have been taking time to leave. I do read each and every one.  I have a box that I am adding "Crafty Bits" to, it will be given away when my followers get to 40.


Today`s card is made using one of the new Spellbinder Shapeabilities Expandable Pattern Dies
I love the effect you get with this BUT it does not cut out all the bits.  There are lots you have to cut out using a very sharp craft knife.  I really don`t mind doing this apart from the fact that you really have to concentrate on what you are cutting.  Have not tried to expand the design as yet,  I was so excited getting the first one cut. Cut out like a knife through butter, I did use some waxed paper with this die,

Base card made my favourite size approx 5 x 7 Tent Style
Purple card with my Botanical Swirl Die Cut on top,  isn't that just so pretty???
Tied a Triple Loop bow added a Creative Expressions Dazzler from Sam Poole Crafts
Of course there has to be the Roses........3 of them cut using Blossom Five Die
Couple of stick pins I have had in my stash for ever it seems.  Never used them because of the brightness of the colour but I think they fit in fine here

Remember the Fancy Lattice Die that I said was difficult to cut? it has been posted back to IconUk.  I also got the Basic Lattice Die, it cuts a dream.  I phoned Icon, got a very nice lady who I told my story to she said to send it back, we will replace it.  This company have most of the Spellbinder Dies at great prices, very fast delivery and free P&P now I can also say great Customer Service.  I must add I have over 100 Spellbinder die sets , this is the first I have ever had a problem with.

Tomorrow I promise there will be NO roses....................
That`s it for today
Thank you again for popping in I really do appreciate your visit

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    what a beautiful card. I love this die very impressive. The colours are soooooo rich, and of course your roses are just the best. I wouldn't mind if you showed us roses every day. I love them.
    Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card. I found with the lattice die and probably it is the same with this one that you have to use some shims to get it to cut everything. I also bought the cuttlehug (the thin metal plate) and found that the lattice cuts on the second run through the machine using this. This die is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Patricia from a sleepy Somerset or is it just me. Your card is very pretty indeed, I love the colours you have used, the pins are very stylish and suit perfect here. Would you be able to use promarkers on the beads to change the colour of your others or would that dull them - just a thought. Love the roses. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning, so so pretty.
    I love the pop of colour on the white and of course all that intricate detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi love your card im goin to phone iconuk as my dies do not cut all the way either thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia

    Absolutely stunning card. Love the effect of the die even though it was a pain to cut. Looks so effective against the plum background.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the roses!

    For intricate dies, I do two things, I put a sheet of waxed paper between the card and the die and I use a shim, thin cardboard, metal shim or one or two sheets of cardstock to make the stack just a tad thicker.

    Go slowly when you wind the handle and if there is too much resistance, remove one of the shim layers, it should be firm but not too hard to turn the handle.

    This cuts beautifully and with the addition of the waxed paper, your card comes away from the die so easily, you will need to rub gently across the diecut to remove the waxed paper, I use a pencil eraser as this grips the paper and I can do it gently so as to not tear the diecut.

    Hope that helps!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, I'm having a bit of a catch up and this card is stunning! I love the roses and the colours you have used. The intricate dies can be a bit of a pain, but get hold of some wax paper or parchment from the baking section of your local supermarket and use it between the die and the card/paper, then it will cut like butter. You can use the wax paper in it's own right as it looks like vellum. If you live near a 'Kitchens' store, their extra heavy waxwrap is brilliant! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia, wow! I love this card, the die is beautiful and so are your colour choices!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this die is amazing, love it! This card is stunning, love the flowers and ribbon, very professional!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.M.G Patricia your flowers are fabulous what a gorgeous card well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete