Wednesday, 26 September 2012

"Doilies and Lace"

Good morning Blog friends...............well!! what about that weather yesterday???
Thank goodness you did not have to go out in it to visit me.  Thank you for popping in and leaving all those lovely comments, makes it all worth while.

I read a comment on my Blog a couple of days ago about someone not knowing exactly what to do with their Doily Die.
I like using mine, they are so pretty, I think most of you will know I like "Pretty"

Base card 4 x 7 approx it is actually half of an 8 x 8 Kraft Card
I felt it looked too long and narrow so I chopped a bit off the bottom
Covered the front of the card with a download paper from Nitwit
I cut two borders in contrasting colours using a Spellbinder Die
Attached the borders over the top of my card then popped a Doily over that
I used the other Doily on the main part of my card
Cut a tag using a scrap of white card
Threaded some bakers twine onto the tag
Attached that to the card
Added a couple of leaf/swirl type die cuts and a couple of lace bows
Thought it looked a little bare so added some faux stitching
Then I found those scissors and just had to add them

I got the scissors at Hobbycraft in Glasgow back in March I just hope the company I got them from are back in late October.  Don`t ask me who they were I will just have to look, look and better look till I find them.

That`s it for today folks
Thank you for calling by I really do appreciate your visits

Patricia




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. I have this particular doily and I just love it. Like you, I think I am a "pretty" person - when it comes to cards I mean! I love your creation today, and those scissors were a real find. Hope you manage to find replacements! I'm hoping for better weather today too, I'm so sick of gales and torrential rain! Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia, That card is just too gorgeous. I have a little die "vintage scissors" marianne lr0195 which I like using (I know they are not your fav but it cuts really well) it will cut mirror card and you can layer to get a heavier embellishment. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Patricia and definitely "Pretty".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Patricia, STUNNING !!!, this card is absolutely stunning, the colours, the doilies, the inking, the foliage, the ribbon, so really 'girly' I love it, love it, love it.
    I am totally sick of this constant lashing rain, we have had it non-stop for three days now, horrid .....
    The scissors look gorgeous, I think it may have been the 'Meiflower' stall that you bought them from.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    really fantastic card. So beautiful. I love the doily die, and the way you have used it, and of course those scissors are a really fab addition.
    I think the weather has been quite bad all over the country. At least we haven't had floods thank goodness.
    I do feel for anyone that gets flooded out.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, never thought of using doilies, still a bit green to card making. That is why I am glad to have join this blog site, there are so many hints and tips and lovely creations to see. So ladies I may steal a few ideas in my next batch of cards.

    Your card is delightful, soft and gentle is my thoughts. I am looking forward to going to SECC Glasgow at the end of October, I just love browsing and my day is over before I know it. Might stretch to 2 days this year.

    Take care

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Patricia and I love those scissors!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Patricia this is really so pretty! I love pretty too, and I just love using doilies (or perhaps you have guessed!) Love the addition of the scissors. I saw some lovely little scissor charms on EBay the other day, these would have been really useful for this card. Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog. Judy x

    ReplyDelete