Sunday, 23 September 2012

"For a Special Person"

Good Morning Blog friends, thank you so much for calling by.  I do like to have you stop to have a look and leave your comments, I do read them all.
Thick frost here again this morning, think I will have to go and pop the heating on,
It was a beautiful day here yesterday, the sun was shining although it was rather cold.  We met Audrey and the boys for lunch, then of course came the usual question..................can we come back to your house??
Back they came, they got all geared up and off they went on their bikes.  John did ask if I wanted to join them.  When I heard the route they were taking I suddenly found lots that had to be done.  Man!! I would have been pushing my bike more than riding the thing on the roads they would be traveling.   We live way off the beaten track, the roads are very quite so no problems for a 5year old an 8year old and their Grandpa.  I will not give away his age, a wee clue..............he has been retired for a fair few years!!!!

I was Blog hopping a few days ago and came across this quote which struck a cord, I just had to use it.

 Base card 5 x 7 approx
Background paper printed from Nitwit Download, mounted on pink card, stitched and distressed
Doily cut using Cheery Lynn French Pastry Die
Tag cut from a scrap in the Bit Box embossed with Paisley Folder from Spellbinders
Sentiment printed on computer, mounted on pink card
Pearl dots done by me using Cosmic Shimmer Pearl
Button from my Button Box
Flowers Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves a Crealie Die

That`s it for today folks
Thank you taking time to visit I really do appreciate it

Patricia
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I think I would feel the same about a bike ride, walking is more my scene. Your card is just so lovely, anyone would be delighted to receive it.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    wonderful card, you keep coming up with such lovely designs, and that verse is beautiful. I love the leaves die too.
    Sorry to hear you have had a nasty frost. I expect it won't be long before we get one here now, the evenings and mornings are getting quite chilly.
    Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike riding? Now you're talking!!! I absolutely love it, hate it when winter comes and I can't get out. (Must confess to being a fair weather cyclist, however.) Anyway, gorgeous card Patricia, and the quote is so true. I have that doily die and haven't used it for ages. Can see it making a show soon. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Patricia, Wouldn't dare go on a bike around here, the lanes are white van rat runs. Your card is gorgeous, I was saying in the last few days that I seem to spend my time working out where to put my doily so some of the detail shows properly, now I know. I have the sentiment on a stamp but not used lately, I must dig it out. Happy crafting day. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Patricia, What an absolutely beautiful card, I love all the differing colours on the flowers, the colours of them quite summer/autumnal, absolutely lovely, love how you have used the tag also, and the quote it positively inspiring, I love it, must remember that one.
    I thank you for emailing me, I read it yesterday before I set off for Ally Pally, but didn't have time to reply, so that will be after church, thank you once again. Have a lovely Sunday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card and a wonderful sentiment. Love the flowers and leaves and the great backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a gawjuss card will b playing in craft room later so may make something similar keep up the good work best wishes to Hazel hope you feel better today x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia..what a gorgeous card..just love everything about it...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sentiment; I love it too. Love all your roses and I just love those pearl dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The design of your card and the colours are beautiful Patricia! Loving the sentiment too! I got some liquid pearls yesterday will have to give them a go and soon!!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete