Thursday, 13 September 2012

"Thank You Card"


Thursday 13th September 2012
Good Morning Blog friends, thank you for calling by, if you have time please leave a message to let me know you were here, I love reading them all.

Today`s card is one of my "Thank You" cards, to send or give to the people who gave me a gift.  It was my birthday yesterday, I was very lucky, I got some beautiful gifts.

Base card 5 x 7 approx cut from A3 card
Backing Paper printed from My Craft Studio Florigraphy CD2
Spellbinders Fancy Lattice Die
Rose made using Spellbinders Blossom Five Die
Spellbinders Foliage die for the leaves
Lace from my Lace Box
Pearl pins from Wild Orchid Crafts

The Fancy Lattice Die is one of a few recent purchases from my supplier of  Spellbinders Dies,
Iconuk.co.uk.   Oh! My! Word! was that Die a bother to cut!!!!!
I had to run it through so many times, added shims, a real pain in fact, I do love the effect though.
I have always cut my Roses using my Classic Circles dies, have to say the Blossom Five gives a really nice edge.

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting, it is much appreciated

Patricia  
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    truly amazing card today. Then that's what I have come to expect from you.
    I know what you mean about dies. I ordered the Venetian set and boy the long one is a pig to get out of the die even with the waxed paper underneath.
    Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly beautiful card Patricia and worth the fiddling about with the die! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I just got that same die yesterday from Iconuk (isn't their delivery time great) and it is a nightmare to cut. I didn't get a chance to make a card but had to have a play when the post arrived. Love your card,

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi I have bought the lattice one & that is a real pain i havent managed 2 get a full one out yet i also get my dies from iconuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Patricia love the lattice but yes I agree it is a pain to release it from the die

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I just love the lattice effect and beautiful flowers as always. Maybe the die gets easier with use. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card Patricia. That lattice die sounds a pain but the effect is amazing. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. Have a great evening.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous.
    I love your flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Patricia. Love that gorgeous background die - I have some that are intricate as well, but I bought the metal adaptor plate and I don't have that problem anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh this is gorgeous! Love that background lattice. I just received mine, can't wait to use it. yes, as Carla mentioned the metal adapter plate works wonders. I never have a problem with any of the intricate dies with using this.

    ReplyDelete