Friday, 12 October 2012

"A little shabby"

Good morning Blog friends, thank you far calling by today. I love to have you visit, if you have time please leave a message so I know you called. 
Our boys are back, the peace has been broken but it is worth it to have them in the house again.  They came for tea, we got all the stories about the boys and girls they met while on their holiday. Who they had liked and those they were not so keen on...........children are so funny.   Now my sister is away for a few days with her hubby, all this coming and going.  Hazel will be back to work Full Time in a couple of weeks, it has been a long haul but at last the treatments are finished, she will get back to normality.  We will miss all our free time together.  Being with her so much this year through all her treatments has brought us even closer than we were and that has always been very close.    I am so proud of how she has tackled everything she has been through.  Without any doubt, her positivity has got her where she is today.  




My card today is a little shabby................I do not like the colour of the ribbon although the photo shows it worse than it actually is, the colour is a little more of a pinky brown.

Base card white 5 x 7 approx
Backing paper a download from a Nit Wit collection
White card embossed using Paisley M-Bossing Folder
I linked three Rectangle bits I had in my Bit Box with ribbon
Cut the Butterflies in contrasting colours (I love these Butterflies)
Sentiment I wrote myself.
Pearl embellishment from Wild Orchid Crafts 
I distressed the edges and used Fired Brick and Antique Paper distress inks
Embossing Folders and Dies are all Spellbinder


That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in, I really appreciate it

Patricia


  
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, must be a butterfly day! ! ! Sometimes the camera does lie when it comes to colours but your card is lovely, pink touch and butterflies sure win it for me. Bet the boys will keep you going for weeks with their stories, must be so nice to have them back.

    Take care.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea Patricia linking those three rectangles like that! Your card is so pretty and elegant and I do like the paisley embossing at the back x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia. The butterflies are gorgeous but I already have some (not quite so nice) so I am being strong!!! I am so glad to hear about Hazel. You must both be over the moon! I'm sure youwill miss her but how fabulous for her that she will back to her job full time ! Have a good day! love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    what a fab card. Love the interlocking rectangles, and of course the butterflies.
    So pleased to hear your sister is doing well. Yes you will miss her when she returns to work. Still I'm sure the boys will keep one busy.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Patricia and like you I love those butterflies. The interlocking squares are lovely. Glad to see that your sister is well recovered and thinking of getting back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia, I also love the way you have used the die cuts, we could play for years and never get bored. Hope Hazel gets back to work without overdoing it. I also like those butterflies and have a yen to put them on my wish list - can I justify more butterflies. lol Have a lovely relaxing day. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, First of all, I am so glad that Hazel is recovered enough, after all her treatments, to be going back to work, it certainly proves that you need to stay 'positive', I am so pleased for Hazel. I wish that I had a Sister (or even a Brother), you always have someone you can be close to (other than your hubby of course ha ha !!).

    Secondly, your card is beautiful today (as always), I love the soft colours you have used, and the ribbon picks up on the edges of the card, and the butterflies are beautiful, I have those dies and they are gorgeous. I love the interlocking rectangles, the whole card is super.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia this is gorgeous such a beuatiful shabby chic card...pretty butterflies and love the embossed background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Patricia,
    Beautiful card and gorgeous shabby chic style, I love it. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I do appreciate it.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card great news about Hazel keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love all the embossed background and the butterflies look fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Patricia. I really love the delicate colours and those gorgeous butterflies
    I wish you sister all the best, it sounds like you are lucky to have each other

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia! I'm glad your sister is getting there and getting her life back, I wish her all the best! I live your card and those butterflies are just so beautiful! I adore butterflies as they are a sign of a new life , a new beginning! It means a lot to me. The ribbon looks perfect on the card honey. We all pick out things we don't think go right but in other people's eyes its lovely. All the best honey . Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty.....

    Have a super weekend

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Patricia, I love the embossing! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Evening Patricia, I am pleased to hear that your sister is much better and thinking of going back to work.
    Lovely card today, such soft colours and I love the embossing, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautifully designed card Patricia, love all the embossing. Pleased to hear your sister about your sister. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Patricia, beautiful card, love all the cutting die work & embossing, so glad to here about your sister.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, love the butterflies and I now have them also!xx

    ReplyDelete