Thursday, 11 October 2012

"Autumn Wreath"

Good Morning Blog friends, another day another cardOpps! just had a thought that`s the name of Edna`s Blog, hope does not mind me using it as a quote. 
Thank you for calling in again today, I really love to have you visit.

I saw on CarolsZ`s Blog a few weeks ago some of her beautiful wreaths, it made me have a wee think.  The only time we have a wreath on the door is at Christmas, I should think about changing that.................  When we were in the woods the other week the boys and I collected some Fir Cones with intentions of making an Autumn Wreath, that`s not done as yet.  Might get round to it when they get back from holiday.  They arrive home very early today so no doubt they will be along at some point either this evening or tomorrow.


Although I have not got round to making a wreath for my front door here is a card I made yesterday showing an Autumn wreath.   
Using some more of that dreaded "Green" card again, it has to be used up . Actually I think I will just donate the rest to the boys school.  I am sure the children will use it without a second thought.

Base card approx 6 x 6
Green co-ordinations card 
White card embossed using a Marianne's Emboss & Cut Die
Edge of the card is decorated using a Martha Stewart Punch
I also punched the same design on another co-ordinating piece of green card
Really do not know why I have put that piece of ribbon across the card!!!
I cut out a circle to put all the bits on to keep the design "round" 
Finished it off with a bow and a few pearls

That`s it for today
Thank you once again for popping in to have a look, I really do appreciate it

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I really like the green it looks so fresh. Your wreath is so pretty and the embossing is super, yes you need the ribbon sets the card off. Bet the boys missed you, lots of hugs and kisses I expect when they see you.

    Have a great day.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia another lovely card I just love that embossing at the back with the pieces cut out - how pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this card, Wow Patricia you are sailing ahead now, your creations are just fabulous.
    Once you get the confidence to start with a blog then your skills just multiply overnight.
    Its a nice feeling, and I bet you are so glad you started in blogland.
    I am so sorry I don't have the time to comment on all your creations,I wish I could , I do browse through my reading list every day, but I would like to thank you for your lovely comments lately , you are so kind isnt it a super community here.
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow Patricia! this is So Pretty! Love your Wonderful Fall wreath and Lovely embossed BG too! Just Fabulous! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    I love, this card. Wonderful idea the wreath. With your permission I may borrow this idea for some of my Christmas cards this year. Although I haven't got the Marriane Die, but will use an embossing folder instead.
    I bet you both will be glad to see the boys.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, Super card today, the green card looks really nice and fresh, it's just a hint of green. I love the Marianne emboss and cut die, I didn't know they did those !!! I will have to investigate those ha ha. The wreath is absolute genius, I love, love, love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Patricia. The wreath looks great. As Jenny said it will be great for a Christmas card. Enjoy the boys when they get back. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! The wreath looks fab. :)

    ~Elaine
    Quixotic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia, Another beautiful card and the green is lovely. You can always overprint your green to a shade you do like, perhaps chocolate with a hint of mint. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Patricia, the green makes it all pop out, I love the way your wreath is made, and the ribbon colour gives a great contrast, great wintery feeling to it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning sweetie this is absolutely stunning!! Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Patricia - the wreath is gorgeous and I like the green card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, The wreath is beautiful! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. the wreath is gawjuss it needs the green & the bkground is great

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous wreath and fabulous colours and design too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, gorgeous wreath, so pretty - you really must make that real one and hang it on your door.I always have to have one, it's so nice and welcoming especially in the autumn/winter, Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Patricia this is gorgeous, just love the design and embossed background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Patricia, gorgeous card, love the wreath, great design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Wow what a gorgeous card, the wreath is fab! Well I have finally made it to my PC in a week! OMG!! Not sure how long I'll be here, just catching up. Feeling pretty woosy I can tell you!! Enjoy having the boys back!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply gorgeous the wreath is fab what a lovely card
    Debbie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Patricia, love your wreath and the white embossed background is perfect. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia thanks for the comment :) and so agree about the embossing folder for men however the one you've used on this card is just so pretty I've not tried the Marianne's dies yet but see so many beautiful creations
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia.
    Another lovely card and the two tone wreath is fabulous, so welcoming for the dreary weather. I don't know the story of your problem with the green card but it looks really good to me.
    Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete