Friday, 26 October 2012

"Buttons & Bows"

Good Morning Blog friends, welcome to my little corner of Blogland, I really love to have you come and visit.  If you have time please leave a message so I know you called.  If you leave a message I can pop over and have a look at your Blog to see what you are getting up to.  It is amazing what you can learn while Blog Hopping.   My last post was way out of my comfort zone so I just had to get back into things I prefer doing.  I love Autumn colours on the trees especially those in my garden which I showed.  I am not into using those colours to craft with.  Sorry it might be just a bit boring for you looking and always seeing everything Pink and Roses.  I get far more satisfaction and pleasure doing things like that.
Today`s project is a little box, I thought it might hold some nice Hand Made Soap. 
Must have a try, it should hold a very small Nivea or Astral Cream and Lipbalm or Lip Gloss.
Could be a Table Gift for Christmas, we don`t do Crackers they frighten the dogs.  We don`t have dogs but the boys do, we have Christmas at their house so they don`t have to leave all their toys.


I cut two frames from thick paper/thin card and put a piece of Acetate between them for the frame.
I used a Spellbinders Die I think it is Lacy Squares, the centre of this Die does not cut out so I taped a Classic Square Die in the centre so it became a frame.  
The box is approx 3" x 3" x 1" made using my Crafters Companion Box Board and Pink Card
I just measured roughly to get a size for the box.
Before I made up the lid of the box I also cut a hole in the middle using the Classic Square 
I attached the Frame to the lid, added some Organza Bows, think they are a bit on the big side.  My other option of Organza was too narrow.  I have added a note to my list for Glasgow on Saturday to have a look for a width between the ones I have.

I might enter this for In The Pink Challenge if I am not too late.
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  I saw their Buttons & Bows challenge some time ago and forgot.  I am not into challenges, I really do what I do for me.
That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in I really do appreciate it, also all your lovely comments which I always read.

Patricia




18 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia, A beautiful box you have made today, loving the square cut-out in the lid, so you can see all the 'goodies' inside, loving the lacy die you have used for the frame lid too. You can never produce too much in pink, we all love the 'girlie' colours. Good Luck with the challenge, hope it was in time.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project Patricia and the colours are beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, boy is it cold outside, just back from walking the dogs, and having coffee to warm me up. This is a lovely idea so sweet, love your way of using acetate, I may just have to give this a try, hope you don't mind.

    Take care.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Patricia, A gorgeous project and you can PINK away to your hearts content, so many shades available. Very clever with cutting the square out, I do get lots of use from my square dies but I don't think I've done that one. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is is wonderful. I love the design and the gorgeous shades of pink. I think those big bows looks fabulous!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box. I made some and they held a few little tea lights which also makes a nice small gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous box Patricia. I think its a lovely Idea and may have a go at this for Christmas too, Hope you don't mind. I'm going to SECC on Sunday, so please leave something for me. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. GM Patricia
    beautiful boxif u like pink then u carry on we can always change the colour to suit our own taste its so nice of u to share ur projects with us

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUch a pretty little box Patricia..gorgeous colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a very pretty box and I love the gorgeous big pink bows!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab idea and gorgeous gift box. All those dreamy buttons - aahhhh!!!

    Edna x :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this gorgeous little box and those bows are amazing. Great gift idea.
    So glad you joined us at In The Pink for this fortnight's challenge.
    Hugs
    Denise xx (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work Patricia, this will make such a lovely gift, I love your pink colours too, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is such a wonderful idea! I'm loving it so much!
    Friendly
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late start for me!!! Just got back. This is absolutely gorgeous Patricia and I absolutely love it!!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    Really late tonight, your post just flicked up as I pressed the shut down button this morning, I was late for work, it was so dark I didn't realise the time, lol. Your box is beautiful, love the BIG bows, as you know I make soap, bath bombs, lip balms etc, so I like to make boxes to fit my products, this is so neat with the fancy lace top, love it. The Asian die makes a lovely top with ribbon laced through. Hope you had a good day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia

    What a perfect creation for our buttons and bows challenge!! I love those luscious bows, and the box makes a perfect gift box... certainly I would like to receive it on a table!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at In The Pink.... hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Christine (ITP)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Patricia, fabulous idea, looks lovely
    pam

    ReplyDelete