Saturday, 13 October 2012

"Gran & Grandad`s Anniversary"

Good morning and welcome to my Blog today, so happy to have you call in.  If you have a minute please leave a message so I know you came by.   Welcome to my new followers I am so happy you have decided to join me on this Blogging journey.
Thank you all for your good wishes for Hazel, she really appreciates the fact that none of you know her but still take time to wish her well.   Hazel still has not got round to leaving any messages.  She does not want you all to think she is praising her own sister, she tells me each day what she thinks of my creations.
Got an order for an Anniversary  card for a Gran & Grandad.  The couple in question are old farmers, I showed some of my cards then I was asked if I had any comical style images.  This MoManning one came to mind, well it is the only older couple one I have, did not tell the customer that though..............!!!  She said "Perfect, that`s them to a T"   "Gentle colours please and nothing too bulky it is going in the post"


Here is what I came up with, which my customer seemed pleased with.

 Base Card 5 x 7 approx
Anna Griffen papers from my stash

Image a download from MoManning Digital Pencil
I coloured the image using copics
Sorry I forgot to write down which colours I used
Matted this onto Silver Mirri then Green card
The light reflection makes the Silver look gold
I popped the lilac ribbon on and a ready made flower
Greeting done on the computer
Added a few glass flat backed beads I found


These Anna Griffin papers I have had for years .  Brought them back from the States, I am determined to use them rather than Admire, Stroke and put back in the box.  I made this decision a few months ago but there are still loads in that box, not really getting on well with using them up.
It so ridiculous as there are always so many more pretty papers coming onto the market that are must have.....  
MoManning does some super download images if you have not had a look you must pop in, I am sure there will be something you like.

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for visiting I really do appreciate it

Patricia 
  
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    looks like I maybe the first today. Well what a wonderful card and image. You have coloured it in so well. Love those papers too. Must have a look at Mo's site.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia, I think this is an excellent card perfect for the occasion. I am gradually working my way through my box of special paper and card which I collected and I am enjoying using them. Have a great crafty day. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia a gorgeous anniversary card! Lovely design and DPs too. I'm with you on the papers, I have so many and don't like using them because they are "too pretty" how sad am I?? And if you are not careful they then start to look dated!! Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, what a lovely image, being farmers it may be very appropriate. Will have to investigate Mo Manning downloads. I was like you and did not like using my "special" paper but you have to bite the bullet one day. Regards to Hazel.

    Have a great day.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia
    Great card regards papers i think we all the same we all have our special box but we must be strong and use it up lol have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect for the occasion Patricia. I keep looking at that stamp but I haven't succumbed as yet.
    I must have Anna Griffin papers that go back to the year dot. I couldn't bring myself to use them either. :)
    Hugs to Hazel.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous anniversary card. I love the image and the soft colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia....such a gorgeous image which you have coloured beautifully...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvellous card Patricia. The colours are gorgeous. I don't know why but every time I try to use a digi image the black printer ink always pulls in and ruins the colour. I have tried leaving the image to dry overnight before colouring but it didn't make any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning sweetie this is just fabulous, huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Patricia. The image is just delightful and I love the papers you have used

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card Patricia, the colours are so soft , I'm sure the anniversary couple will love it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been out all day so I am just starting on my blog hopping! Great card. I do love Mo Manning and have some images too. love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, this card is delightful! I love this image, it's fun but at the same time endearing, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby card, love the image

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Patricia, love this image, I have a few of these stamps, come in usefull for certain age groups
    pam

    ReplyDelete