Monday, 15 October 2012

"Here come Roses again"

Good Morning, and welcome to my Blog.  Thank you for all your wonderful comments, and for continuing to stop by most days, I love having you visit.
Yesterday Grandpa, Daddy and the boys were all off to a Model Railway exhibition in Dundee.  Great excitement, they all had a good time spending their money.   I suppose it is like us going to one of our shows.  The only one I ever manage is Hobbycraft at SECC in Glasgow.  I love going, yes I do spend too much but what the heck!!!  You get to see all the newest gadgets and products.  Then you can plan how you could spend all that money you don`t have ............one can always dream!!!
Here we are at the start of yet another week, hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for the week ahead.  Our boys go back to School this morning, Grandpa does not like the fact that school really interferes with their free time together...................


Today` card is made from an ooh-la-la CD I found on my shelf, it is called Carnival of Colour.  I had forgotten I had it.  I was actually dusting all my CD`s down, Oh! My! Word! so many, and that`s the ones on show there is a huge box full of them tucked under my computer desk.  Oh! I am sure they will come in handy some day..............I do like having them for some of the beautiful backing papers

Base card 5 x 7 approx made from a pack of card I got from Hazel
Backing paper from the above mentioned CD
Image from same CD
I matted the image on Black Card
Then a piece of the backing paper on Black Card 
The whole lot on a peace of very pale pink card
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts 
I added a butterfly charm to some wire and tucked that under the flowers
The little twirly bits you can see are the stems cut off the roses, I twist them round a kebab stick to use as extra embellishments

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by today I really do appreciate it

Patricia






 
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, your card is soft a elegant, I just adore roses on a card and this hits the spot. CD's are a good source of backing papers and images and I have now found a few blogs which give the opportunity to download freebies which I was not aware of until I began blogging. I made a thank you card yesterday using a Jak Heath download and it printed off beautifully.

    Take care.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, a beautiful and elegant card today, love the roses. I have quite a few CDs that I get out now and then, I love stamping so much that I don't use them a lot, but what I do love them for is backing papers..a great resource! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Patricia,
    Another stunning card, the soft colours and the flower arrangement again is so beautiful, really pretty card.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle (happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Patricia. The softness of the background is lovely and the rose topper is great, together with your bouquet of flowers. Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia what a pretty card, the image is very pretty and the backing papers so soft and pretty. I only have 1 CD a Lucie Mabel Attwell one which I have only used once! I do tend to use a lot of Digital Papers which I love because you can print off as much as you want! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia..such a pretty card. Love your gorgeous roses and pretty papers...you also reminded me I also have this card collecting dust on my shelf!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, Beautiful card today, I love the background paper and the image, the flowers are gorgeous and so genius to make 'curly wurly' twizzlers with the wire from the flowers, they look gorgeous.
    Like you, I have lots of CD's too, I must admit I don't use them as much as I should ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous Patricia. I love the beautiful flowers and pretty colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Patricia. The image and the topper are marvellous. I don't have that particular cd - must have a look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Patricia, Good you had such a lovely time with your Grandsons. What a lovely card, I particularily like the black card it makes the whole image stand out, altogether I love it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card I really must pratice making those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    what a super card. Love the papers and topper. What a fab butterfly charm.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers and a really pretty card! Love the colours too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia, very pretty indeed

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous design big hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Patricia, love your floral arrangement. I'm guilty of forgetting my CD's too! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very very pretty Patricia the floral arrangement is just so pretty gorgeous card indeed :)
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Patricia!! I know what you mean about CD's, my drawers are beginning to sag because of them!! LOL!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card honey! I love them flowers from wild orchids! I have many craft CDs but don't use them so I might have a look through then and see what I can find. It's amazing what you can make too with cd crafting. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card Patricia, like you I have far to many cds, which I seldom use, mine are all on external hard drive, so easy to view them, than keep putting cds in the draw.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Patricia - pink Roses are my favourite flower. I hope you are enjoying blogging - you certainly have some wonderful projects on here and I've enjoyed taking a peek at your work. Your comment on my Stampin' Up blog brought me here, so thank you for that!

    Have a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xx
    http://sylvia-anne-poppyspapercraftpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete