Saturday, 20 October 2012

"Just a Note"

 Good Morning Blog friends, well here we are again at the weekend, can someone please tell me where the week went!!  
Thank you for taking time to pop in,  I love having you here.

Had a good old "Chin Wag" with Hazel yesterday.   Hazel conquered yet another hurdle yesterday................. she actually came without her wig.  Her hair has grown fantastically since our holiday, it is still very short but she looked great.  I know she is my wee sister, I have told you all how brave she has been but there she goes again, Hazel I salute you once more, you are a Star.
Had the boys for tea yesterday, they love when their Grandpa picks them up from school, busy, busy here from the minute they step through the door.  My friend Elaine who usually comes Thursday came last night.  She had been away all week, said she could not miss our "Crafty" evening.  Crafty evening!! we do more Chatting than Crafting, we did some crafting last week the first for ages, we certainly always have a good laugh.


Today`s card some of you might have seen, one eagle eyed follower spotted it in this months Making Cards Magazine.   I have entered 3 cards in the past couple of years, 2 have made "Star Card" and I have had £50 of Hobbycraft vouchers.  This one did not make that but was shown.  The flowers are a bit flat and crushed but I thought I would show it anyway.


Base card 8 x 8 from Joanna Sheen
All the papers are from the Magazine matted onto pink card stock
Spellbinder Fancy Ovals Die for the center piece
Classic Circle Die to cut out the printed sentiment also from the magazine
Flowers and leaves are made using Crealies Dies from Joanna Sheen
Tiny Butterflies a punch

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting I really do appreciate you taking time call by

Patricia

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I wonder who that eagle eyed follower was? Me maybe, it was so nice opening the mag and being able to relate to someone whose card was shown. Beautiful card even though you say it is a bit worse for wear, no wonder it was chosen.

    It's nice to have a day out with a sister, I am close to mine too and we enjoy a day together. Hazel my set a trend with her hairstyle, tell her to just flaunt it.

    Take care.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being published Patricia and what a pretty card. Love the layout and pretty papers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia such pretty papers... and congratulations on being published

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Patricia,
    A very pretty card, you make lovely flower arrangements, I am not surprised you get 'Star Cards' you should sumbit more, as they are beautiful. Really.
    My friend Karen lost her hair through treatment, it didn't grow back properly, she now sports a really, really close shaved cut, it suits her, I shaved my own head with the dog clippers to relate to how she must have felt, did she laugh or what!!!!!
    Wishing you all well.
    Michelle (happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Patricia. I must look at crealies dies. I don't have any but I do like that elongated leaf spray, and looking at the cost they are not too expensive. Glad you and Hazel had a good time. Congratulations Hazel on that milestone. That first appearance must be quite frightening I would guess - as well as quite liberating! My friend looked great with her very short hair - and very strangely it was curly and she has had never had curly hair in her life! Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, I can see why you would have been published this card is gorgeous, I love the layout and the shades of pink are just beautiful. Well done Hazel, yes she is very brave, pleased you had a lovely time with her, and isn't it good to have friends that you can rally laugh with, it makes the heart sing, have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Patricia. Gorgeous colours and design. I do love the way you do flowers!
    Congratulations on being published.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning Patricia. I love the colours and your flowers are so beautiful.
    Well done for being published and well deserved too.

    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous creation Patricia and no wonder they love publishing them. Goodness knows where time goes indeed, it is almost midday. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. a lovely card congrats on being published Congrats to Hazel on her milestone tc x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    what a superb card no wonder it was published. Such a lovely design. I too love those extended leaves you use.
    I think your the Queen of Rose making. A well deserved achievement.
    As I said before Hazel is such a courageous person. So glad you had a nice day yesterday.
    Have a wonderful crafty afternoon.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card as usual Patricia!! Oh WOW so pleased to hear the news on Hazel, brought a tear to my eye!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card Patricia, congrats on having it published. A big step for Hazel too which must be a great confidence booster. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card honey! I love the colours and those flowers are just stunning! Well done to hazel for conquering yet another hurdle . She must be very proud if herself , like you are of her too! Much love to you both hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - well done on being published. Well done also for Hazel - another step forward. Strangely when my sister's hair grew back it came back curly but over time has straightened again.

    ReplyDelete