Saturday, 27 October 2012

"Just A Note"

Good morning Blog friends, here we are at the weekend once again.  Case of, seemed like I went to bed on Monday night, woke up and it is Saturday.  
Thank you very much for dropping by, great to have you visit.  If you have time please leave a message so I know you called, I read them all.
Busy this morning, I am not clever enough to work out how to get the Blogger to post automatically.  I did try it the other day but it did not work, will try again sometime.  
I am off this morning to the Hobbycraft Show in Glasgow.  Tell you something folks!!! with the weather yesterday, I have not slept good.  Was beginning to think we might not even get out of the village this morning.   We had flurries of snow all afternoon and evening, John Jnr was in Aberdeen and had a bit of bother getting back down the road last night.  Thankfully it has not come to anything, just thick, thick frost and freezing.   I am going with my neighbour across the road who I have encouraged in Card Making over the years.   I usually drive but she has just bought a brand new car and she said she would drive this time.. Think she just wants to show off her beautiful new car, fair enough I don`t mind being driven for a change.   If it was me, I would not be taking my nice new car, someone might bump it in the Car Park..................
 

Today`s card I made yesterday afternoon.  Got the Friday cleaning done, did the food shopping, the boys are here all day Sunday so had to get in plenty.  The one thing I always need is loads of Milk!! a milk cow rather than sheep in the field out the back would be much better.


Base card was a Scalloped  8 x 8 from Joanna Sheen till I cut the scallops off.  I felt it made the card look too fussy
White card which I pierced round the edge
White card embossed
I punched a border both sides of a piece of white card and lightly distressed
Piece of patterned paper from my Bit Box
Bit of lace from the Lace Box
I made a Fish Tail which I tucked under the lace
Sentiment done on the computer, cut out using a Spellbinder Die
I cut the same out in Pink card split it to give the white an edge
Pearls were white, I coloured them with a Promarker
The Rose I made as usual with Spellbinder Blossom Five Die
I added a few little flowers, leaves and a heart charm from my stash

That`s it for today
Off to get my things together for going
Tickets... Check!  Money ...Check! well I am sure you all know the scene.
They are the two most important oh! and Glasses to see what I am buying
Thank you for calling in I really do appreciate it

Patricia 



  
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Good Morning Patricia,
    Beautiful card, this is what I love about your cards, lovely colours and the beautiful flower arrangement, really pretty,
    Hope you have a great day today, if like me you will get carried away when there is so much choice, the shows are great but lethal to the bank balance, lol. Have fun.
    Michelle (happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, I love love love this card! It is so beautiful!!!! Hope yu hve a great day - I will be off to Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, see you at 1215, looking forward to that. Won't have Alisha she has acute tonsillitis, so one my own, your card as usual is exceptional, just your usual standard. Got my pennies, glasses and bank card just in case.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Patricia, A beautiful card, love the gentle distressing and the texture look of the card. Have fun at the show and don't forget to let us know what goodies you have added to your stash. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. I love the embossed background, the soft colours and the gorgeous flower!
    Have a fabulous time at the show.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The embossed background is beautiful against the gems! Enjoy the show and looking forward to seeing what goodies you will bring home!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Patricia. The whole design is so pretty and delicate and I love your gorgeous flower.
    I hope you have a fun day at the show.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Patricia. Love the embossing. Have a good day at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beuatiful card Patricia, lovely soft colors. enjoy the show and dont forget to show us your 'haul' when you get back...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. another beautiful card Patricia, love the soft colours & layout.
    hope you have a lovely day and get some fab goodies to play with
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful card have fun today I might do something like this foe my mum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi honey! What a stunning elegant card. I love it! I love the detail, colours and the embellishments on it. Fab! I hope you enjoy your craft show and have a lovely time! I can't believe you've had snow where you are. This weather is crazy. It's sunny here but cold. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I write a comment and it didn't post arrgghhhh lol. Ok here goes again: this is a stunning card honey! I love the colours, detail and those floral images are gorgeous. I hope you have a lovely time at your craft show and I can't believe it's snowing there. It's sunny and cold here . Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry it posted twice lol. Pls delete if needed honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat een prachtige kaart heb je gemaakt
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Patricia!!! Yet again!!! We had a little snow flurry last night, cannot believe snow in October!!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, soft and feminine. Love all the texture.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Patricia! I am so pleased you had a brilliant time at the Show too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is just so stunning, I love everything about it Patricia, gorgeous, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Patricia! Your blog is full of beautiful creations! Love your work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete