Sunday, 7 October 2012

"Those Roses once again"

Good Morning Blog friends, well here we go, it is Sunday once again, my goodness where are the weeks going???
I have been up for ages, the ironing is done, I am on my 2nd cuppa and it is still only silly minutes past stupid o`clock....................!!!
Thank you for popping by and leaving all those lovely comments, I feel so privileged to get them from all you talented crafter`s.
John Jnr, Audrey and the boys are already half way through their holiday to the sunshine in Cyprus. My goodness Grandpa is really missing them.  We would have gone but he has gone right off flying since we had a couple of trips Turkey last year and one to Belfast earlier this year.  We had such a carry on in Belfast Airport on our way home , he did say then he was never flying again................... the Belfast trip well that`s another story.........!!! 
I love Belfast, Hazel and I  spent quite a few years when we were younger.  I still keep in close contact with my school friend, we see each other a fair bit throughout the year.


 The colour of my card today is "Way Out" of my comfort zone.  I know I really should try this more often but it is hard.  Being a Virgo I am so set in my ways and the way I do things.  Bet you have all guessed that by now...............................  I was looking in my card stock and thought, I have to use this BUT on what??  Well here we go, this is what I came up with.  I think the Lattice in the background has helped to soften the effect.

Base Card was 8 x 8 till I cut it back a bit
Green Co-ordinations Card Stock
White card cut with Spellbinders Lattice Die
Green card, I ran a Fired Brick Distressing pad along the edge
Cheery Lynn Doily Die 
Roses cut using Spellbinder Bitty Blossoms and Blossom Five Die
I cut the flowers in white and used chalks on them just for a change
Leaves Spellbinder Foliage and Marianne Dies
Tiny Butterflies were cut using a punch that was in the boys Craft Cupboard

That`s it for today
Thank you  for visiting I really do appreciate it

Patricia 




17 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia, you were certainly up with the lark, like you I am often wandering round in the early hours pottering about. Your card today is another beauty. I seem to be into green just now and of course the roses, I really must practise more. I am learning such a lot on this site and found a free paper download with some great papers through one blogger, slips my mind at the moment who mentioned it. The designer is Jak Heath and I intend using a pink and brown combination to day as I have just received news dies and want to play.

    Enjoy your day.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap Patricia! I have been up since before 5 o' clock too. Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest? Green is not a colour I use either but like you I am trying to get out of my rut.This is really lovely. i toyed with getting this doily die but backed away. But now..... ell I could be tempted! love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia green is not a colour I go to either. You have off set it nicely with your gorgeous flowers and how you have distressed the edges. I have that Cheery Lynn die and rarely use it but it looks so pretty on your card I must dig it out!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, this is a gorgeous card. I know just what you mean, because green is not a colour i use a lot. Another one is orange, I absolutely hate orange (wait til you see the card i am making at the moment though! I am way out of my comfort zone too!) This card has worked perfectly though, and I agree that the white lattice sets it off beautifully! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    well you've done it again, another fabulous card and design. Those roses are spectacular you really have the knack of making them so beautifully. I was about to ask about the tiny butterflies, but then you answered it in your run down of what you used.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, Ditto, I don't know where these weeks go, 'tempus fugit' is definitely true !!, it's frightening really !! My, you have been a busy bee already.
    Your card is beautiful, like you, I have certain colours that I am drawn to constantly, but it is a good thing to try out other colourways. You are the Queen of flowers, they are totally gorgeous on this card, as always.
    I have to get ready for Church now. Have a lovely Sunday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Patricia - the pink and green are gorgeous. I bought this doilie die also but so far have not used it on a card. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Belfast Airport and that it has put your husband off flying - do try to talk him into giving it a second chance - there are so many beautiful places here to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green isn't a colour I tend to go for either but you've done a lovely job with this one. Your flowers look beautiful and the dies look great too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Patricia this card is absolutely stunning!! I really love your style and the flowers are just beautiful! You have such great talent and must be proud! Fabulous card honey! Hugs sharon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card i think we all have fav colours but we shud really try new colours from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia, this is very different but also truly gorgeous. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Patricia. What a gorgeous creation. Stunning design and beautiful colours. I love your other pretty cards too, and look forward to see more of your fab creations. Thank you very much for stopping by my blog.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Patricia what a stunning creation..love all your beautifiul flowers and your die cut leaves...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia those flowers are so beautiful ...I do love looking at the different types of flowers you share and though I am a Virgo I didnt know it was a virgo trait to be set in one's ways...No wonder I literally go ballistics when my husband wants to rearrange the home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia. This is just GORGEOUS! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I'd like to also invite you to play along in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday (www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com) when you are able. We would love to have you share your BEAUTIFUL cards with us. Hope to see more of you real soon. Great job.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, i'm typing this from my sick bed on Ashleigh's i-pad! Not been on my PC since Thursday evening!!! I have what the docs think a trapped nerve in my neck but i have been in agonising pain in my head since Friday, I thought i had earache! Nothing seems to be easing the pain so back to docs tomorrow - I cant wait!!! So no crafting or anything for me it's been too painful never had anything like it!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, hope i feel better soon as i NEED to do something!
    Debbie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, I was up early, but not that early...we have to rise early for work and also at weekends for our hens, but even they are having a bit of a lie in these dark mornings! Your card is beautiful, as always, gorgeous flowers! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete