Saturday, 10 November 2012

"Elaine & Dougs Ruby Wedding Card"

Hello Blog friends, thank you for taking time to pop in today.  I hope you find stopping worth while.  If you have time do leave a comment so I know you were here.
I did show the card from this Combo last week.   Now we have the "Card" and the "Box" that it goes in.  I gave it to Elaine when she came along on Thursday, she was delighted.    Maybe a little OTT but there you go, when I start on these Roses I get rather carried away.  The box also holds their gift, they both love to visit the Theatre, so I bought them a load of Vouchers that they can use for visits.  They are a couple who have everything and so much "Stuff" in their house that I did not want to add to it.     Elaine has come to me almost every Thursday evening,  for the past 15 years .  When we lived in Turkey during the summer months for quite a few years she would phone every Thursday and chat because she missed our evenings together.   She was one of the first people I really connected with when we "Escaped to the Country".  To get involved when we moved I joined a Ceramics Class.  On my first evening I sat beside Elaine, we just seemed to click.   We have had great times and so many laughs together.   Visited the States and Canada quite a few times to do our Christmas Shopping...............well Craft Shopping really.   We go with just the basics in our bags and fill them up with Crafty Goodies coming home, all great fun.  



The card is a Tag Card that I have put a little stand on the back so they can have it standing on show

Tag card and Box both Centura pearl
I have used the same Pink for the box as I did for the card
All the Dies are Spellbinder 
Fancy Lattice Die
Blossom Five Die for the Roses
Foliage Die
Banner Die cut in White and pink I split the Pink lengthways to give me the matted effect.  Greeting done on computer
Double bow American Seam Binding
Red Pearl, Elaine does not like Red but had to get Red in somewhere for their Ruby Wedding

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate it

Patricia

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, so beautiful, the roses are outstanding. Have not tried to make them yet, just don't know where the times goes just now. Have a great day at the fair, hope you sell loads.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination Patricia. No surprise your friend was delighted. Enjoy your weekend and hope things go wellat the fair. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Patricia these are beautiful lovely to have a matching card and tag..have a great weekend

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous set Patricia. I love the white lattice on the red background and your gorgeous flowers

    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Patricia, absolutely beautiful creations, your friend must have been truly thrilled! Hope you have a good craft fair! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Patricia. Its just so stunning and I bet your friend was thrilled to bits to receive it too. The roses are fabulous and sets the whole combo off. Enjoy your Week-End. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the complete set, Patricia...you can never have too many flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous set Patricia. I love the white lattice die and the red background really shows it well. Fabulous flowers too.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations... I'm sure your dear friend was delighted... I adore your flowers & the colour combo is fantastic.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are great just love your designs fantastic .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    another superb creation. I bet they were soooo pleased with such a lovely card, box, and gift.
    Wonderful to have such a wonderful friend.
    Have a wonderful crafty afternoon.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning Patricia. Isn't is just marvellous having such a great friend especially one who shares your passion for crafting, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evening Patricia, What a stunning combo, the card, the box and the gifts, Elaine would have been over the moon with those. It must be lovely to have friends like that, you are both so lucky to have each other. Loving the idea of going abroad with next to nothing in your bag and filling up whilst over there to bring back, now that's what I call a holiday ha ha.
    I hope you had a good day at your Fair today, and that it was profitable for you.
    I have spent most of today selling at my Church's Christmas Fayre and yesterday afternoon/evening setting up, it was a brilliant day, lots of hard work for everyone involved, but well worth all the effort. I just want to get a bath and watch tv now ha ha !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Patricia, these are beautiful keepsakes, for your special friend, love the design and those roses are gorgeous..pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful set Patricia, your roses are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous Patricia. That lattice background turns this from being lovely to outstandingly beautiful. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Elaine must of been absolutely delighted with this gift! It is stunning and your flowers are just beautiful! Pls don't worry about the award thingy Hun just accept it with pride, no need to pass it on. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete