Friday, 9 November 2012

"Felt Rose Brooches""

Hello there Blog friends.  Thank you for calling by this little corner of Blogland.  I really hope you find something to interest you and you stay a while.  If you stay to browse please let me know by leaving a comment.  I can then pop to your Blog to see what you get up to.

Has anyone made one of my Roses yet???
These are just some of the Roses I have made for Sunday.  A friend has gone off with quite a few to try to sell them at a Coffee Morning she is having this morning. 

I am showing you Roses don`t have to be done with paper.  These look great on a parcel, tie your ribbon and fix one right in the centre, makes the bow look beautiful and an extra little gift for the recipient.  Have to say this was not my idea it was Hazel`s.  Hazel and I sell these Felt Brooches as well as our pendants.  We bag them for selling, they do not photograph well when they are in their bags you get terrible reflections off the Cellophane.


These are actually stamped and cut from Craft Felt.  People now are counting their pennies, so I use craft felt which is much cheaper.  I feel you have to use Wool Felt for Die Cutting, that can be rather expensive.  The principle for the Roses is similar to the paper ones. 
Sometimes I am left with not enough to make a dimensional Rose.  If I have enough I cut out two base layers, stuff them with all the cut "Bits" from all the Roses and Blanket Stitch them together.  Some I just cut two base layers, Blanket Stitch them without stuffing adding an embellishment on the top.


Stamp used is  from Dimension Stamps
Craft Felt from Hobbycraft Store
Brooch backs bought on eBay 
Gold Backing Card to hold the Brooch cut with a Spellbinder Die

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in to see what`s on offer,  I really appreciate your visits

Patricia

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I used felt for making poinsettias in the past and have made a few flowers added to cards as a little extra, that was before I realied that I should have been photographing my cards for posting on my blog. Lesson learned. Your broaches are gorgeous hope you have good sales at your fair.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia,
    These are sooooo cute, you and Hazel have some very clever ideas, full of inspiration, I hope you have a great day this time at the craft fair. I am off to the NEC this morning, hoping it is not so busy as the weekend. Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia.....these are lovely and they look great made in felt.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, Patricia these are lovely! Being in full 'Christmas' mode at the moment I've not made roses for a while, but you've just given the ole mojo a kick with an idea for making poinsettias with some fabric paper and a punch.
    Could you add blank mini taqs to yours with a Christmas/birthday message that people could use to put on their presents?
    Loudly applauding your ingenuity and sending best wishes for Sunday. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super broaches Patricia. I like the idea of adding to gift boxes. Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, Loving your beautiful brooches, and also your beautiful card from yesterday, the bow was stupendous. I hope you have a great day at your fair, we have our Christmas Fayre at Church tomorrow, so I'm off to set up this afternoon and will be helping out tomorrow, I've even roped my hubby in as well ha ha.
    I'm recovering from my trip to the NEC yesterday, it was great though, didn't get to see it all because of the train times restrictions, but still managed to spend lots ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Patricia, Oooo gorgeous,your brooches look such fun. I shall have to show my daughter, she will love them. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful brooches Patricia. I have made felt flowers in the past to add to my cards and they always look good. Good Luck for Craft Fayre too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful Patricia. I really love the pretty colours you have put together

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi honey. These are stunning. You make such stunning flowers! I'd buy them in a second. Could you pls go over to my blog as I have put you forward to receive an award for the most deserving blog. Pls read my post for more info and how to accept it! Many hugs sharon xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fabulous blooms, Patricia! And what a lovely idea to make them into brooches. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    amazingly beautiful brooches. So colourful and wonderful.
    I hope you sell lots! and lots! tomorrow.
    I know I would buy them if I were there.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're super. Good luck for the whole weekend! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, in answer to your question I cut my own tags tight I know but needs must! My big tags are 14.5cm x 7cm with the corners chopped off (I get 6 out of one piece of A4 card). For smaller tags there are any number of tag shapes that can be resized/printed onto card or I use one of the Crafters Companion embossing boards that has some on. Hope this helps, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really pretty PAtricia. I love all the colours. I hope your friend has sold them for you!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely.lovely,lovely, these little roses could be used for so many differnt things, I love them. Good luck for the craft fair, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely roses Patricia! I actually prefer making flowers from felt and other materials than from paper and do make brooches for presents now and then...I love using the spellbinders poinsettia with felt...hope al your roses got sold! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi Patricia, these look fabulous. not tried cutting felt yet
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects...Gorgeous colours...Good luck at the fair... I'm sure they will sell like hot-cakes... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just Darling Patricia! I know folks will love these! Soo Cute! I agree, bet they will sell like hot cakes! -)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete