Thursday, 22 November 2012

Little Box for "Pearl"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are all well.  I really enjoy when you call in and have a look at what I have been up to.  I also love when I pop over to your "Crafty Corners" and see all the wonderful creations. What a wealth of talent is out there.


My project today is a little box I made for my friend Pearl. It was her birthday yesterday, we always just give each other little gifts.   I got a lovey tub of Winter Pansies for my birthday which are growing nicely at my front door for all to see.  
The "Rose" on the top of the box was an experiment using Watercolour Paper.  I though it might me a bit too thick but in actual fact it made quite a nice Rose.

u

I made the box deep enough to take 4 little Bath fizzers, Pearl loves to soak in the bath and read a book.

Box made with white card
Spellbinder Lacy Square Die to cut the top and bottom 
American Seam Binding which I died using Distress inks
A few pearls for Pearl..............!!.  

The Seam Binding was some I had died for another project.  I used what was left on the top of the box.  Then I thought I would put some one the side.  Well I tried and tried but could I get the second lot as pale as the first ......no! no chance.

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting, I really do appreciate you taking time to call in

Patricia  


22 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, What a charming present, the box is a work of art. Of course the rose on top is becoming your signature now, its so lovely. I am sure Pearl will love it.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box and the rose turned out really well. Lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, a really stunning box - I am sure your friend Pearl will be so delighted with it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    a superb box. Love the design and and of course your excellent rose. Pearl is going to be so pleased with it.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, I always feel the boxes are the present in themselves - what's inside is the just the packaging. This is a really lovely box, and the rose looks great - as usual. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Patricia love that rose, I've never made boxes so I think this might be on my list for Christmas pressies instead of wrapping paper

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Patricia Pearl will love this, the box is a present in it's self. I love it, gorgeous work. the rose is a work of art.
    Thank you for the lovely comments on my last blog, i really do appreciate them, have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Patricia,
    Yes, Pearl will love this gorgeous little box, I would love this gorgeous little box. The Rose is definitely your signature now, they are beautiful.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the design, your gorgeous flowers and the colours are so pretty and delicate

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia
    This is gorgeous Pearl will be very pleased with it im sure i think i will make a box for a set of lego mens cufflinks i have bought for my hubby for xmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, Truly stunning, this box is definitely a 'work of art' in itself, I agree with you the watercolour paper has made a superb rose. Pearl will be over the moon.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  12. Good morning Patricia, message from Beth (the mini blog addict ). Your box is awesome. And it sure is and knowing Pearl she will love it. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous box beautiful design and I love your beautiful rose

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely Stunning. I love making boxes for gifts too Patricia. Enjoy your day. I'm having a craft room clean up. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ever such a pretty box Patricia. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty box, Patricia. Beautifully embellished!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love your design and flowers..so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning box ,your rose is stunning I`m sure Pearl will love it .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricica, what an absolutely gorgeous box, your friend will be thrilled! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! What a Gorgeous box...Love the rose it's stunning... Your friend will be delighted.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful box Patricia, fab rose, sure your friend will treasure it.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW WOW WOW!! What a beautiful box, love the hint of pink with the rose on the top!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete