Sunday, 18 November 2012

"My first from the Project Book"

Good Sunday Morning Blog Friends, thank you for calling by today.  If you get time please leave a message so I know you were here.  That way I can have a look at what you have been doing.........nosey or what!!!!  I find you can learn so much by looking what other Bloggers have done or are doing.  
I have mentioned that Thomas and Robert go to a tiny village school, only 20 pupils.  Their Head Teacher Carol is Retiring at Christmas.  She is on fase down so is only in school 3 days a week at the moment.  They are to share a Head Teach with another village school a few miles along the road.  She is doing the other 2 days at the school to get to know the children.  The community put on a party for her last night.  The boys are here with us till later this morning, no children at the party.   The children are having a party for her nearer Christmas, that will be just the school children and parents.



Today`s card I made for Carol, John and Audrey took it along to the party to give to her.  
 I have taken the inspiration for the card from the very first project in the Project Book from Creative Expressions.  Sue Wilson has a few cards in the book and as you can see this is a take on one of hers...........no mistaking that!!!
I have had to do my "Own Thing" for bits.  I did not have the "NestaBling" she used I just did some Cosmic Shimmer Pearls, would you believe I had no White Embossing Powder so I used Silver.  I also edged the flowers as I felt it all just too white for me.  So it is not a "Copy" it is my version of the card.

That`s it for today, I have two boys to get breakfast for.
Thank you for visiting me I really appreciate it.

Patricia

. 
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:


  1. Patricia, Carol will love this who wouldn't??? Just as well the boys are with till
    later on. You would be on your second project out of your new book other wise.
    Then again there are still a few hours crafting time left after they go home.
    Have fun with the boys. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, a stunning card, I just love a white card and your hint of a tint is just beautiful. If this is an example of projects in the book I am really eager for my copy to arrive. Enjoy cooking for "your boys".

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Patricia. Yes, the Sue Wilson influence is obvious, as you say. I'm sure Carol loved it! By the way, I have made a gift bag and am in the process of making THOSE ROSES - some okay, some not okay. But I'll persevere, and will pop it on the blog in a couple of days so you can see the results of your tutorials. Have a good day. Christine x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Patricia,
    Simply beautiful, my favourite label die, with the stamps. Love all white cards, the hint of a tint on the roses just give it that 'real' touch. LOVE it.
    Will check in later tonight, to see project two, hee hee. You are such a star.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, you NEED to send a picture of this to Sue Wilson - she will be thrilled to see what you've been up to. It is an absolute stunner of a card and shows how much you think of this headteacher. Can't wait to see what else you come up with by following this book. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Patricia. The design is beautiful and I love the delicate colours.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Patricia and love how you have used your dies....the roses are fabulous...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness you were quick off the mark with this book! I will be waiting for mine as I am getting through my friend's shop...stunning card, Sue would be thrilled to see a photo of it! Stunning! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. So STUNNING, beautiful card, I'm sure this is one card the head will keep. I love your cards Patricia, very artistic and always something new. have a good Sunday, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Patricia, I think Sue has given us all inspiration from time to time and she does do beautiful cards. I'm sure the teacher will treasure this one though ,its so very special. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, My you are quick off the mark, don't know how you got your Project Book so quickly, and to actually have already made your first card, absolutely superb. I love the silver embossing it looks really classy, and the flower is just stunning.
    Have fun with the boys. I am stilll suffering with this cold/flu thing and the racking cough, then last night got really awful pains all across my lower back, so hubby got the 'Deep Heat' out this morning, I smell really good ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Patricia. I'm sure she will just love it. Good adaptation too. I like the silver embossing and the touch of colour on the roses. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully created and embellished, Patricia. I love the delicate colours. Your pretty pearls and roses are the perfect finishing touch:) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    a superb card. I bet the recipient was over the moon with such a beautiful card.
    Sue does love to see your versions of her cards. So you should send her a picture.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful silver embossing and lovely detailing, Patricia! I'm sure it will be treaured! Hugs,
    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia - thank you so much for your note. I'm afraid I have not been well for the last number of weeks and have not been able to make any cards at all. I also have a lot on my hands at home but hopefully I will get back into shape very soon. Loved your card today (as every day) - you always make the style of card that I like. Thanks again. Marie-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card for her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hiPatricia,
    this is a beautiful card, might have to look out for the book
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunner can`t wait for my book to come ordered from Sam but she`s on holiday this coming week so If she didn`t post it sat, I will have to wait till she comes back but I `ll just watch your blog for your creations XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow patricia , This is stunning! I love the all white colours and the details. You are a very talented crafter. I love all your cards! xxx

    ReplyDelete