Friday, 2 November 2012

"Work in progress"

Hi there Blog friends, here we are at the 2nd of November ...........where did all the other months of this year go??  So glad to have you visit, love having you pop by to have a look at what I have been up to.  I like popping over to your Blogs to have a look at all your wonderful creations.  There are so many talented people out there.   
I had Christine ask yesterday if it was OK for her to join as a follower, she does not have a Blog.  Everyone is welcome, even if you don`t have a Blog.  If you come and see things that gives you inspiration, that makes my day.   I just love that you have taken time to come and visit.   It is nice to know you were here if you have time please leave a wee comment.

Hazel asked if I would make her some bags for Christmas Gifts.   She did not particularly want them Christmas themed,  felt they were too pretty to have sitting out just over Christmas.  Here are her bags, Hazel chose the papers.  Oh! My! Goodness! when I saw the price she had paid for these individual sheets I was shocked.  I have some others in my stash that I will make up for her.  I have to say that being Double Sided makes a very effective bag.

I have shown two pictures so that you can see how decorating them makes all the difference

 
 Gift bags made
Gift Bags all decorated, it had to be...... Roses!!!

Each Gift Bag is made from 2 sheets of 12 x 12 thick paper/thin card
Have to say I do prefer the Double Sided papers
I use the largest Spellbinder Grand Label 1 Die for the bag sides
I cut both together, then still keeping them together cut the hole for the handle, then they will both be in exactly the same place.   I use the largest Classic Circle Die to cut the handle.
Cut the paper to fit the Die, before actually cutting out the shape.   That leaves you strips approx 4" x 12" to make the base of the bag and also the flowers.
The base is made using one of the 12" strips scoring it 3/4" in, down the LENGTH of both sides.
Scoring at 3" up from the bottom and 3" down from the top. Fold all your scores. Cutting at the 3" scores where it meets the 3/4 scores fold and stick to form a box shape.
You fit this to the inside of your pieces of the bag (I hope you get this)
Once dry you can decorate as you wish.  I use all the bits left to make my Roses.
I made these roses so that the design on the inside of the bag is the design on the roses.
Roses made using Spellbinder Blossom Five Die
I used Spellbinders Foliage Die and a Crealies Die for the leaves. 
Some ribbon to tie the handles together, I found some small circle Hook & Loop dots that I thought I might use to keep the handles closed 

Oh! My! just realised that it is a very long post, hope you are still awake!!!
If you need any help with this project just ask, I will try to help you.
That`s it for today, thank you for calling in I really appreciate it

Patricia 

 A few of you asked which distressing ink I used on my yesterday`s card.  It was Tim Holtz "Old Paper" I did not re-ink my sponge it had been used earlier in the day, still had ink on it so I used that.


18 comments:

  1. Oh Patricia these are gorgeous, your so clever, I don't think I could ever do these. I'm sure whoever receives them will adore them, have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Patricia,
    These little bags are just beautiful. A great idea and such a lovely finishing touch for the person receiving the gift. Really lovely.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia..what lovely little gift bags lobe how you have decorated them

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, the before and after pictures are amazing, you sure know how to make them beautiful. I have so many things I want to try just now that I don't know where to start. This is another project to add to my list.

    Bet Hazel is very pleased with your finished bags, it gret what can be produced from paper and bits.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Patricia. Must have a go at these because I love to make bags and boxes. Simply gorgeous! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, these gift bags are just gorgeous. I would love to make something like this but like Wilma need to add this to my 'Have A Go' list. Stunning!! Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Christine great to see you back, love having you here.
      Patricia x

      Delete
  7. Morning Patricia, Absolutely lovely bags you have made for Hazel, they are so pretty and Hazel chose beautiful papers.
    You will have to do a video on how you make these, I would love to see that, the front and back of the bag is OK, it's the sides and underneath that I can't fathom ha ha, but that maybe an 'age thing' ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I can see these properly Patricia, they are wonderful. What glue do you use to stick them together, I find that glue is my major sticking point(ooops sorry) when trying to put projects together. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Cosmic Simmer Glue to stick the bags. It is a little more expensive but it does work and sticks quickly.
      For the flowers I use Crafters Pick Really Tack Glue.
      Patricia x

      Delete
  9. Patricia, what beautiful bags. A lovely way to present a gift. If I have time I'd love to have a go at making one. Windy & Wet here in the West. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia
    what lovely bags mite have a go at these when i can work out how to do sides will read it a few more times so it sinks in lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous Patricia. I love the designs and your flowers are so beautiful

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    simply stunning creations. I loved this when you showed it before. This time you have been so generous and told us how to make them. The only problem I can see for me is I haven't got the round die to do the handle. Perhaps I could use something else. Mm will have a think about it.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia

    Your gift bags are amazing. What a talented lady and what a great use for the Grand Labels 1 dies. Great roses too.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning bags may have to try this >melanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous and stunning gift bags! I love them and you've done a great job in decorating it! I know what you mean on how quick the months go , it's quite scary and it's Christmas soon. Argghhhh!! Lol. Have a lovely evening . Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Patricia, gorgeous bags, fabulous design, love the colours and your flowers, beautiful ribbon..
    pam

    ReplyDelete