Thursday, 13 December 2012

"A little bit Vintage" ??

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland. 
I know I say this almost every day but I really do appreciate you calling by and leaving such wonderful comments on my work.  It makes it so much more fun to create.
I am going to try and "Schedule" this post, BUT!!! you know me and computers!!!!
This afternoon we are off along to John and Audrey`s for a Birthday Tea,  Robert is 6 today.  We are going along to their Village Hall for 7pm.   The school children are doing this years Christmas Play,  Jack in the Bean Stock.  I asked Thomas if he was to be the Giant, he is so tall I thought that would have been a perfect part for him............No! Granny! I am narrating. 
This surprised me, he really does not like being "Up front" in things.  He likes to take part but melt into the background.   The whole school are involved all 20 of them, great fun is had at these events.  After the performance we have tea/coffee with goodies the children have baked.  They also sell things they have made in the art classes, this raises funds for the school.


My card today I feel is a little bit Vintage.  I really have not done many Vintage cards or projects so maybe it is not.   Let me know what you think.
I did start it out to be a "Tag" but had a good bit of it done when I discovered I had not cut the top corners into a Tag shape.......................typical!!!!

Base card approx 4 x 6 Centura Pearl
Pink card embossed
Kraft card embossed
Green card to pick out the green in the backing paper.
Patterned Paper is a NitWit Download
Spellbinder corner Dies I cut these three times for each corner.   I cut the corners from Kraft card, stacked them to give me depth.  I also lightly dusted them with a little Gold paint.
Piece of lace from my Lace Box
American Seam binding threaded through the lace and for the triple bow
Spellbinder Dies Blossom Five for the Rose, Foliage for the Leaves
Some pearl stick pins

I looked at Sasha`s beautiful card on her Blog.   I think I should have "Triple Embossed" my Corners, might just do that next time.

That`s it for today, thank you for taking time to call in
Hope you get just a little bit of inspiration from your visit


Patricia 


 
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and now I NEED those corners! Just perfect - you have shown them at there best here Patricia. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Patricia. Your flower looks gorgeous and I love the dimension you have created by layering up those decorative corners. The colour scheme is beautiful too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your shades of green and pink Patricia, your die cut corners are a great effect. Always love your rose. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Patricia, another beautiful card, I have these nitwit papers, love this set, the colours are gorgeous..fab flower..pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    superb card as always. I too love those corners, and your rose is superb as it always is.
    Isn't it lovely to see grandchildren in their Christmas Pantos. My little granddaughter missed her very first one this year as she was ill.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patricia, love the design and colours. Have a lovely day at the school with your family, sounds like fun, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, a different card this morning but I really like it.I like the kind of subdued colours and all the layering. Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, different colours for you today but very effective. Love the corners and of course that rose. Hope Thomas has a great birthday and you all enjoy this evening.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Patricia! The flower is gorgeous and the lace and seam binding look beautiful, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Patricia ove your corner dies

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Patricia,
    What a stunner, love the effect of the corners, the flower is gorgeous as always, a really beautiful card.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia

    A really beautiful card. I love everything about it!!

    Hope you enjoyed the birthday tea and that the Christmas play went well.

    My youngest used to hate the school productions and would get himself so worked up about them that he would sleepwalk and talk in his sleep about them.

    Now he plays in a band and loves being on stage!!! LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this Vintage look with such lovely subtle colours Patricia! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My Patricia, what a wonderful card. I love vintage in any shape or form and your piece to-day looks stunning. I'm sure you'll enjoy your day and your evening with the kids. Christmastime is all about children and I personally love it. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. MORNING PATRICIA,
    Simply beautiful hope u enjoy your time with the family x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card Patricia. Gorgeous colours. I love the corners and pretty flower.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooooh very pretty! Lovely colours! Hope the Christmas play went well!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, love your vintage card...stunning! Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete