Wednesday, 12 December 2012

"A Pot of Ponsettias"

Hello Blog friends, thank you for popping in. I know time is precious just now so I do appreciate you taking the time to call.
The forecast this weekend past, was to be horrendous for this part of the North East of Scotland all this week.   We went out, stocked up with extra Freezer goods and other bits and pieces.  Ordered in more coal, stacked more logs................we would be fine what ever they threw at us.  Well how "WRONG" could they have been.  We have had beautiful sunny days Sunday, Monday, yesterday and today.  Very cold, but we can cope with that.  Just hope they have not got it a "week" out..........LOL


Today`s card is one I made for Hazel and Charlie.  I had another idea, way, way different from this, for some reason I changed my mind.    It is not Perfect, you can see the top of the card behind the Poinsettias on this one.  That should have been shorter, you know what they say.................. you live and learn.  Will know for the next one I do

I cut the single base "Flowerpot" shaped
I used distress inks along the bottom and up the sides to give it depth and texture
Put an embossed piece along the top, for the brim of the flowerpot
Put some ribbon over that.  A bit pointless to have done the embossing, I covered it up with the ribbon........silly girl!!!
I then made a narrow "Tent Style" Card which I attached to the back of the Pot (next time I will make that shorter)  I punched two holes at the top of the "tent" and threaded some of the ribbon through.  That way the card can also be hung up
Poinsettias cut using my Spellbinder Die.  I placed them so they looked like they were in the Pot
Tied a Triple Bow using White Organza Ribbon from my ribbon box
Popped pearls in the centre of the flowers
Computer generated greeting on a Spellbinder Tag Die

That`s it for today
 Thank you for visiting, I really love to have you here

Patricia   

Kate asked me how I made my Bow.  I tried to comment on my own Blog and what a gutter I made with the first one, I had to delete it.
Mind you the second is not much better.
Sorry about that folks, will show you  my wonderful Bowmaker later this week.



 


Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card Patricia and only you know it isn't what you wanted - I so love that die and have used it to decorate place cards for Christmas - hope the weather stays fine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Patricia, what a lovely card, and just how did you make that bow? I've got a little gizmo thing for bows and they still don't turn out like yours. Hazel and Charlie will love it and so do I, so creative an idea. We're to have snow tomorrow so it seems, but sometimes they don't get it right, lets hope so, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Kate i made my bow on my "Home Made" Bowmaker
      Will post it here later ion the week.

      Patricia xx

      Delete
  3. This is stunning Patricia. I thought those gorgeous poinsettias were real at first glance. Your bow looks wonderful too. I am sure that will be thrilled to receive such a special card.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Patricia. I'm sure Hazel & Charlie will love it. Its so special. We have had beautiful weather all week too, but lots of frost in the morning. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, What a stunning card, Hazel and Charlie will adore it, You poinsettias look so real and that bow would put Sue Wilson to shame. Love it.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Patricia love your poinsettias they are amazing

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for your sister, Patricia. Love your poinsettias! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the poinsettias and the fabulous bow.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a card here Patricia. These work so well in a cluster. Very dramatic. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning piece of crafting here patricia, thos Poinsettias look fabulous.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Patricia...wow! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card Patricia, love those poinsettias..pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Patricia,
    What a stunning card! The poinsettias look real. A great idea, just love it. Hazel and Charlie will love it too, the bow is fantastic.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, This is gorgeous, love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning sweetie this is just stunning, I could do with this I get one each year a real one and I kill it, I am not very green fingered, gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Patricia, love your card and also the way you have turned it into a hanger. I think the layout is great. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    what a stunning card. You are too hard on yourself it's just fabulous, and a fabulous idea too. I bet Hazel loved it.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  19. Patricia. Sorry about the comment above Andrew had been playing with I pad. Yes folks Charlie and I do love our card. She isn't happy when they are not to her standard. I am the same with my gift bags etc. hazel

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is Gorgeous Patricia, I love those poinsettias & that glorious Bow... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI patricia this is absolutely stunning! I love those poinsettias. This must be one of the best christmas cards ive ever seen. Thankk you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. Hope you have a lovely christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not sure how I missed this yesterday!! Beautiful poinsettias. And I love the idea of the potted plant. Christine x

    ReplyDelete