Sunday, 9 December 2012

"Christmas Door Wreath"

Hello Blog friends hope you are well, the end of yet another weekend.  Oh! My! Word! they are fairly flying by!!!
Glad to have you join me in my little corner of Blogland. 
Thank you for continuing to call by I love having you here, hope you can stay a while.  If you have time please leave a message so I know you visited,



Thought I would let you see what I was up to Sunday afternoon.
I put up a Christmas Door Wreath.  I was inspired by Carol who comments on my Blog.  She has adopted a great American tradition by hanging Wreaths on her front door throughout the year.    I love when I am in the states, no matter what time of year it is most houses have a wreath on their front door.   Another great tradition they have, being so patriotic, is flying their flag.  When we visit our relatives they have their American flag flying but they also fly a Scottish one while we are with them, I think it`s a great idea.  Thomas adopted this tradition after one of his many visits to the States and has his Scottish flag flying in the garden.
Anyway I managed to do my wreath this afternoon  I took a break from making cards.  I went to Ceramics Classes a few years ago and made quite a few nice things.  I made the centre piece in the wreath but never used it, it has been out in the Summerhouse for ages along with bits of artificial Christmas greenery.  Fir cones were collected by the boys on one of our many walks through the woods.  I bought a wicker wreath base during the week, now we have our wreath all made up and hanging on the door.  It has little battery operated pea lights though it.  I will pop them on when it gets dark.  I just hope I remember to switch them off or I will need new batteries every day.

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in, I really appreciate it

Patricia 

17 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous Patricia you are so clever to turn your hand at so many crafts

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the cute centre piece. I bet it looks even more wonderful when the lights are on.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Patricia, I'd love to see it lit up, I bet it is stunning. I agree with Jacqui's comment above. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Patricia...your ceramic bears look great ...there's no end to your talents ..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Patricia, what a beautiful welcome on your door...pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, what a gorgeous centrepiece. Love the teddy bear family, is there no end to your talents. Wonderful wreath.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful wreath Patricia! I now put mine on the inside porch door as my one outside got pinched in less than one hour lol!!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A realy lovely wreath Patricia. I put one on my back door (which is at the side of the house) and one on the front door, bacause you see both doors as you approach the house. I love it when I switch the lights on on the small trees on either side of the front door. Really festive then. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echoing other posts Patricia - your wreath is lovely and festive - you obviously have many talents to draw on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, WOW, your wreath is gorgeous, loving the ceramic teddy bears focal point. You are a lady of many talents.
    I didn't know that American houses had wreaths on their doors year-long, how interesting, and also can be changed for each season too, makes the door look so inviting aswell.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia, what a beautiful wreath. It must have given you a great deal of satisfaction just knowing you created it yourself. This was a lovely post to read and lots of information that I never knew either. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wreath Patricia. It looks fabulous. We always have one on the front door at Christmas.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    such a superb wreath. I just love those Bears in the middle.
    I put one up every year but mine is a bought one I use every year.
    Maybe next year I will try and make one.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia...gorgeous! Glad to see I'm not the only one!Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous wreath Patricia, Really must get on with mine. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa this is is awesome Patricia!!! WhYou have done a fantastic job it really looks the part!! So wish you lived nearer!!!
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete