Friday, 14 December 2012

"Commissioned Card"

Hello and welcome to my creative corner.  
Great to have you here, thank you for taking time in your busy schedule to pop in.  

John and I had a great afternoon and evening yesterday.  John picked the boys up from school, they like when he does that.  Back to their house to open lots of parcels, great excitement at all the goodies.  Grandpa and the boys then decided to play "Bowls" down their long hall with things that had not been given as gifts...............is that not just typical!!  Kind of like kids playing with the box rather than the toy!!
Their Christmas play was great, one little girl got stage fright.   Head Teacher (one of only two in the school) just got in there and took over the part to a loud cheer and applause from both the pupils and the capacity audience.    Added to all the fun, great to see such a little school putting on a super show which they all seemed to love doing.  They had made lots of things to sell, had to buy some of what both boys had made.  Some really good things were made by the children.
My friend Elaine who usually comes to me on a Thursday evening came along to the play.  Her children went to that school many years ago.  She of course met many of the people who had been "Mums and Dads" with her then.  They were now supporting their "Grand Children"


Today`s card is one of two cards I was asked to make.  The girl who ordered them had seen something similar on my Blog and wanted it done in these colours.   I enjoyed making it as it is nothing like what I would have chosen to do as far as the colours are concerned.    It is good to break out of your comfort zone now and again.

Base card Centura Pearl 5 x 7 approx
Red card from my stash
Paper printed from Create and Craft Floriography CD
Spellbinder Botanical Die used to cut out the "Swirl and leaf" design
Spellbinder Blossom Five Die for the Roses and a Crealies Die for the leaves
A little "Bit" I found in a box with a red pearl popped in the certre
Grey ribbon from my Ribbon Box
Computer generated greeting

I really am not keen on that Botanical Die.   It cuts out all the main part but there are loads of bits round the perimeter that have to be cut away using your craft knife.
Oh! Patricia stop moaning it does a beautiful job!!!.........................

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by, I love having you visit

Patricia 
 

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. What a delightful card Patricia. I have never seen anything like this before, its just so stunning. Glad to hear you both had a great time with boys as that's what Christmas is all about. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, a lovely card once again. That Botanical swirl is difficult but the end effect is beautiful. Love the choice of colours and papers and of course the roses. Glad to hear you enjoyed the childrens' Christmas Play and that a good time was had by all.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the design with your wonderful flowers and fabulous colours.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Grandsons. I used to love the school Christmas plays, I really do miss them now my children are all teenagers. I will have to wait a few years now and see if am blessed with any Grandchildren, although not quite yet I hope!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Patricia,glad you have enjoyed your outing, I miss going to these concerts..pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Patricia, Pleased you all had such a good day at the school, it's just lovely watching it all. I don't remember Damian being in primary school plays, it was standing on the touch line in rain, wind, sleet watching him play football that stands out in my mind. But one Nativity play do I remember at my church when I lived in Musselburgh was when the little girl who was Mary, took a swing at Joseph with her rosary beads, whoever gave her those I don't know, but after whacking the wee boy she managed to get them around his neck and proceeded to stangle him all the while calling him a "rotten scumbag". We got them untangled and calmed down, goodness knows what Joseph had done to cause her wrath. It was actually quite funny. That was the same year that the manger had a telephone installed, but thats another story.

    Now to your card, well I think it's stunning, I love your roses. I never think of using dies on my papers. Your so creative. I know what you mean about comfort zones, I like to stay in mine. Have a good day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beaautiful card Patricia! Gorgeous flowers you always make such pretty ones! I have one of those SB dies and I must say I am not struck on it - I've only used it once! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautifuly card Patricia love those flowers and the background die

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful card and that background is stunning. Just a thought - do you run your dies through twice if they don't cut properly first time? I leave the card in and turn them round/move them to a different part of the plates to get them to cut more evenly. Bet your customer will be thrilled with this. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Patricia. Those complicated dies can be such a pain even though the end result is great, but it does put you off using them doesn't it? Have a good weekend. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Patricia,
    A really beautiful card, you have done a great job, the flowers are beautiful, true to your style. I too find this die a 'pain' sometimes, but it is very pretty.
    Glad you had a great time at the panto, and the boys had fun with Grandad.
    Have a great day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    I am so glad you had a good tome at the school. It is wonderful to see such lovely productions, and the singing is what makes it even more special I think.
    Your card is superb as always especially those roses.
    That botanical die is fab. That is the one I used, that you sent me on one of my cards, and I got second prize in the challenge and won 3 digi images.
    I have made the decoration just waiting for the stickles to dry on it then I will photograph it and put it on my blog tomorrow. Thank you for you generosity.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Patricia, I do like the colours lots. I haven't got any of those expandable dies (I know cannot have them all can we?) but you have a super result here. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card i also have problems with this die but the end result is worth it glad you had fun at the play

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I know my son has bought me this die for Christmas so I am really looking forward to getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Patricia. A beautiful die and fab colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning Patricia and such a gorgeous die love your colours too

    Anne

    ReplyDelete