Thursday, 6 December 2012

"Pink Christmas"

Hello there Blog Friends, thank you for popping by to see what has been going on in my little corner of Blogland.
It is not easy at this time of year to get round everyone when we are all so busy.  If I miss anyone out please forgive me.   You are so talented and full of inspiration, without you this Blogging lark would not be so much fun.  Thank you for all your lovely comments it makes this all this more worth while.
 Met up with Hazel today at the Maggies Centre, Dundee we were handing over another donation.  We then popped over the road to the Chemo Unit with a donation for them.  That`s us finished Fundraising for this year we will see what next year brings and who we will be supporting.  There is always something or someone needing a little help.
  


My project for today is a "PINK" version of Christmas Tree decorations I make and give to friends.  I think everyone has one now, but will make a few more just in case.  
I have made this one "Pink" I am entering it into http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  

The whole thing is made using Spellbinder Lace Doily Motif Dies
2 Large, 2 next size down, 1 small....................you need this combination for both sides
There is an empty ribbon spool for narrow ribbon in the centre
Long length of Ribbon round the spool centre tied to form the loop to hang on your tree or window
They look pretty on the window when the sun shines on them and you get the reflection 
Pearl for the centre

My friend Elaine asks me to make her one every year, I make and hang a Little Tag with the date on it
I try to make them as different as possible using different dies, I am running out of ideas.  I have made quite a few for her.  She has a big house and puts up lots of trees.   They are not all hung one the one tree.

That`s it for today, will be back soon
Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it

Patricia 



Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. WOW! This is stunning Patricia. I love the delicate design and gorgeous colour. I am sure you friend will be delighted with this gift, such a thoughtful and lovely tradition.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous decoration Patricia....very pretty dies, your friend will love it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia I bet they were well received.

    Congratulations on your fund raising.

    When I sell my cards I buy baby yarn and in the evenings while watching TV with my westie, beni, I knit beanie hats for the premature baby unit at a local hospital, very rewarding.

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Patricia!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ornamnent Patricia. Gorgeous dies - youare making me want again!!!!! Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia

    What a gorgeous tree ornament .. .. very clever!

    I love the versatility of your blog. So many varied and inspirational makes.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I love the sound of your purple and silver tree!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,
    I agree with Jules, your blog is marvellous for different ideas, love to see what pops up next.
    This tree decoration is gorgeous, you are so clever and full of lovely ideas, keep them coming.
    Will you say 'Hi' to hazel, I didn't realise she does not receive messages back, she comments on my blog, bless her. Look forward to what comes tomorrow.
    Good Luck with the pink challenge, you must win a prize.
    Take care and keep warm.
    Michelle(happy2craft

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, This is beautiful, love the way how you have constructed it, I bet they are gratefully received. This would be brilliant for the 'Breast Cancer Awareness' campaign, in this beautiful pink colour, too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Stunning Patricia. Your such a talented lady. Thank you again for all the inspiration you give to others, including myself of course who is always in awe of your creations. How lovely of you and Hazel to give so much time & effort to your chosen charities and I bet they both appreciate it too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowww Patricia... what a fabulous creation!! I'm sure the people you have made these for will treasure them... and how lovely that you date the ones you do for your friend..

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... Hope to see you here again soon.

    Hugs
    Christine x (ITP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia, could you let me have the code number of the fancy squares die you used today please? You called it Lacy Squares but I have Lacy Squares and it's not this one. This is so gorgeous that I think it's one I really would like! I have been on the web and think it might be Lace Doily Motifs, but not certain. love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Patricia! These will be treasured by your friends. I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific ornament,very creative^_^
    I love it^_^
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, this is just gorgeous..absolutely love the die too, your friends will love them! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty decoration. A gorgeous die and fab colour.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful decoration .Melanie

    ReplyDelete

  18. Awesome decoration Patricia! Anna. Patricia l think your Christmas decoration is cool. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome decoration and looks so pretty in pink!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Helloo Patricia, gorgeous decoration. the dies are beautiful, as always so artistic, and well done you and Hazel with all the fund raising, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Patricia, gorgeous decoration, another take on these dies, mine have been used once..pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi found your blog through in the pink challenge and love your projects especially this pink decoration it is beautiful - also I am thinking of trying out your truffles - thanks for sharing and keep up the good work with your fundraising.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia - what an inventive way to use these gorgeous dies, and how lucky your friends are to receive such a beautiful hand-made gift. I can just picture in my mind, a white sparkly Christmas tree adorned with these stunning pink decorations - FABULOUS!
    Thank you for sharing with us again at ITP -
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia, Wow love your pink snowflake ornament, what a wonderful gift ! Thanks for stopping in at my blog, it's appreciated ! Have a great day/evening ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete