Tuesday, 4 December 2012

"Roberts Origami Box"

Hello Blog Friends, hope you are all well.   I have to apologise for not mentioning my new followers before this. Welcome to my Crafty Corner of Blogland, delighted to have you join.   I hope you can get something out of popping in now and again to see what is going on here.     
After my mammoth task of making all those Wallets yesterday I have decided to have a wee rest today.  Not really a rest in fact I have just caught up with the ironing, and a few other household things.  I opened the cupboard where I keep the ironing basket and it was looking at me over the top.  I don`t normally let it get like that BUT!!!!...................I had been busy making things.
When the boys were here on Saturday Robert wanted to do something "crafty"   I got out some 12 x 12 papers and we all sat round the table including Grandpa to make one of these Origami Boxes.  Thomas gave up when he did not get his first couple of creases to his perfect standards, he made something else. (think it was a paper Aeroplane)   Anyway the three of us carried on and this is Roberts box.  Not bad for 5 well only 9 more days till he is 6, he keeps telling me how many more days.  He filled his box with some of Granny`s truffles and gave it to his mummy.  
Tell you what!! you could have knocked me over with a "feather"  when I saw Grandpa`s creation. John never does anything like this, said he actually enjoyed making the Box, which I am keeping.


Robert did not want bows on the sides but did want flowers.  These are on with the Glue Gun, I put the glue on he put the flowers on.  Kids are funny he did not want the lid fancy, just plain please Granny, then he decided it might need a couple of flowers.

That`s it for today will be back soon
Thank you for calling in I really appreciate it

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, what a lovely box definitely a keeper

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another little crafter in the family Patricia! You'll have to look to your laurels. Well done Robert! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's fabulous box and well done Robert its such good fun to craft with children isn't it?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous box Patricia, well done Robert,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Well done to Robert. He obviously has a very good teacher!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous box, Robert!
    Isn't it great when you can get everyone creating, Patricia? Especially the young ones. Much better than them playing video games!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, you have Robert onboard and John in the background, right little production line for the future. Love his box he is so talented like his Gran.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, what a creative family you have! Beautiful box, well done Robert! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Robert!!!

    What a fabulous box .. .. creativity clearly runs in the family.

    Hope you have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. I would feel honoured if something on my blog gave you some inspiration Patricia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, Wow, well done Robert. This is a fabulous box. It will be my birthday on 12.12.12 (I'm finding that fascinating) and my Great Grandson's birthday on the 16.12.12 and he will be 6 too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love boxes, this is so beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely Robert!!, youv'e got your Gran's artistic gift, I'll look forward to more of your creations, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    You have such a crafty family, a gorgeous box, love the little flowers, will have to check these out too. Cannot wait till my break at Christmas, I have a long list of things I want to look at and try, especially your sweet recipes, lol.
    Have a lovely snuggly warm evening.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous box, so pretty...Well done Robert!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wasn't blogging today Patricia as I am resting but had to pop in and say how impressed I am with this box. Well done Robert. Whet I was getting my SILs card ready to post even my hubby said I should start making boxes for my special cards. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete