Tuesday, 18 December 2012

"Thank You"

Hello blog friends, only a week till the "Big Day".     
Then we will all be busy clearing up the "mess" not made by just us, but everyone else as well!!!!  " 
All that paper, ribbon, food, etc:-   I am sure a lot of us will sit back and wonder how we managed to get there, having everything done so that a great time was had by all.
I am making the meal at my house then transporting it along to John and Audrey`s.   Audrey is working Night Shift Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Babies really do not care what day they choose to arrive!!!  I do not know how Audrey is going to manage as she will get very little sleep. 

I needed some Glue Sticks so popped into Hobbycraft, on the way into Dundee. . We do not have any Craft Shops near us, Hobbycraft  Dundee and a little craft shop in Perth.  Both are rather expensive but needs must so I went to get my glue sticks.   When we drew up at Hobbycraft I noticed a sign at Staples saying they were closing, goodness that`s where I get my paper for printing. When I asked the girl were they moving "Oh! no we are closing, your nearest will be Edinburgh or Aberdeen"   Heck of a long way to go to get paper.   Stocked up on some 160gsm and 120 gsm paper.  Did not really need it but now I have plenty.



Card today was one made from the my "Bit Box" I needed a thank you note for a friend.
Very simple but was just what was needed.

Card base Kraft Card approx 4 x 6
Piece of printed paper, did some Faux stitching round the edge
Brown card cut using Spellbinders Deckle Edge Die
Cream card cut using the smaller size Deckle edge Die
Brown American seam binding
Some Pearl dots using Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Wrote the sentiment

That` it for today
Thank you for taking time to pop in I really appreciate it.

Patricia 
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. lovely thank you card Patricia, buy my glue sticks on ebay, brilliant price, so cheap...pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi patricia,
    Don't you just hate it when a great shop/supplier of stash closes down.....where I live there is only one scrapbooking shop which has quite an extensive range now but they are expensive too so most of my craft stuff is bought either via ebay or from the US.

    What do you use the 120gsm and 160 gsm paper for?
    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, the Internet is the best place to buy these days, although I usually like to see anything I want to buy. Your card is so simple but elegant. Audrey is unfortunate to be working but I am sure a good time will be had by all.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and simple card Patricia but looks great. Like you we have no craft shops near us. Hobbycrafts, 50+ miles away, is my nearest and I'm not really impressed. Problem is it does a little bit of everything and not really enough of the things I want! Have a good day! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia

    It is best we do the clearing up from Christmas anyway .. .. just so we can snaffle the bits we want to use on our crafting at a later stage.

    You know .. .. the bits from the Christmas crackers, any super lovely Christmas paper that we can cut shapes out of, tags, bits of ribbon .. .. oh the list is endless LOL!!!

    Loving your thank you card. Great colour combo.

    What a shame about Staples closing!! I wonder if any of their other stores are going too!

    Good job you found out and were able to stock up!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is is gorgeous Patricia, I love the colours and fabulous layout

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, A gorgeous Thank You card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely thank you card love your choice of colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Patricia. What a lovely "Thank-You " card. Glasgow is our nearest crafty haven, but when I go to Carolyn's in Edinburgh I do go to Hobby Craft. Ayr has Drawrite, but often they don't have what I need. After working for 23 years in a hospital I have to say that Nurses are angels at this time of year and often don't get the credit they deserve. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,
    fabulous card. Such a wonderfully hand written sentiment too. If I had done similar it would have been awful.
    Such a pity about your Staples. You can get lots of different card and paper from PDA crafts in Nottingham. They are very good quick delivery and well packaged too. Also Paper Mill direct does some and they also are quite quick. Hope this helps when you run out.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Patricia from your bits box. That is a shame about your staples, I find their 120gsm perfect for inserts and often use their 160 for stamping and most things. I think Rey text and graphics must be quite similar but cannot find it nearby us now. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect little Thank You card! Love your choice of colours too!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous little thank you card. I love the colours and layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, I really love the grey and pink together, the layout is unusual, love it all.

    Well I was just thinking about working on christmas day, I used to do it many years ago, but I would think that if you have to, bringing a new life into the world is the way to go, a little miracle indeed. I hope though the Audrey isn't too tired to enjoy her Christmas. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Clean and simple Thank you card but it says it all. Its just beautiful! I hope you are well honey. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! Hope you and your family have the best christmas! Many christmas Hugs
    Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete