Friday, 7 December 2012

"Very Simple Chistmas Card"

Hello Blog Friends, my goodness can you believe it, the weekend again!!!!    Welcome to my newest follower Bea, thank you for joining me on my Crafty journey.   
Do not know if any of you do this:- when I click on a new Blog,  I go off on a great journey.  I find things to "click" on, I click here and find a great idea, I click there and see a fantastic project.  Then sit back and wonder how the heck did I ever manage to land where I eventually end up!! !!!!  Mind you it is far better than sitting watching the rubbish on that other screen..................!!!!
My friend Elaine did not manage to come last night.  Her daughter phoned to say mum slipped on the ice in the morning and was still not feeling good.  They had packed her off to bed.  Elaine Text me this morning to ask if she could come along tonight. I text back and told her to come to the Front door. as round the back although all salted and sanded could be icy.  We craft and chat in the kitchen or should I say we "Chat" and sometimes craft in the kitchen, so she just comes round the back.  She told me she would come prepared and bring her "Crash Helmet "  I told her better make it full Body Armour.  It is only a few weeks since Elaine broke her nose running into my Patio Doors...................!!!
In the spring of 2010 I had what I thought was a brilliant idea.  I decided to have quite a bit of our rather large back garden done in Paving Slabs.  We had it all in chips to keep the gardening down while we spent from May till November in Turkey.  When we were at home we noticed that the boys liked to ride their bikes along the paths that were there.  We had sold the house in Turkey and were home permanently, the boys were spending lots of time at our house. We had the Paving slabs laid, the boys had a ball on their bikes, motorized Tractor and Car, plenty room for them to whizz about. Then winter came.......................................Oh! Oh! then we realized that it had not been such a great idea after all.  We just did not think about winter,  when it snows the slabs get very slippy.  We salt and sand them to get to the Coal, Log Store, Rubbish Bins and the back door of the Garage.
So folks if you have had thoughts about Paving or these fancy Paviors really think about it.  They look great BUT!!!!


I have mentioned I am not sending out many Christmas Cards and have donated the "Postage Costs" however I have to make a few.  I have done John and Audrey`s, now done a few others here is one of them..  I have done quite a few like this although I have tried to make every one just a little different. They are all done, in the envelopes ready to be handed over or delivered.


Base card White Card Stock approx 5 x 7 
Centura Pearl
White Card cut using Spellbinder Christmas Tree Die
White Organza Ribbon from my Ribbon Box
Creative Expression Pearls for Sam Poole

I have not put any Greeting on, I wanted to keep them clean and simple.

That`s it for today
I love to have you visit I really appreciate it

Patricia  

  
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Beautifully elegant, Patricia. I love the addition of pearls and your pretty bow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow honey! This is totally Stunning and shows great work and talent. Very elegant and stylish. Love it! I must apologise for not commenting as often as I can on your blog. I have been busy at home, personal life and with my DT Projects. I always get round to it but just wanted to apologise lol. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, another stunner love it. Shows you don't need much to make a beautiful card.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and elegant Patricia. I know just what you mean about the paving. We have a very large garden and John did a lot of landscaping with patios etc. As you say, looks great, but can be quite slippery at times. Fortunately our wood store and coal store are just a few steps away from the carport. Roll on spring is all I can say! Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Patricia that tree is gorgeous so elegant

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,
    All white cards are so stunning, just like this one, love it.
    Do you wish you were in Turkey now!!!!
    Take care today, have a good 'Chat and Craft' with Elaine, keep door on latch, poor lass, broken nose at Christmas, not a good look.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is stunning. I love the embossed tree and the added pearl look gorgeous

    I hope you have a good day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an elegant card Patricia. This would also be ideal for a winter wedding. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - the simple ones can often be quite stunning. My crafting friend has this die too and loves it and I can see why. Hope your friend remains accident free when she visits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simply gorgeous and elegant card Patricia...enjoy your time with Elaine...nothing nicer than crafting with a friend

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love this card. It doesn't need anything else, perfect as it is!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia, in answer to your question yes I have been popping my Christmas tags onto cards (time was against me to show that bit this time - fading light!) Papermania have a great set of 50 tall kraft cards which don't cost the earth. Thanks for your question. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia

    Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    Anyone would feel super honoured to receive such a beautiful card.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, I'm having a quick blog hop today as we are going out but this is just so gorgeous! I do love white on white, Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutly fantastic card so stylish well went shoping this morning and got ingrediance to make the truffles thanks again .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Patricia, your poor friend, falling when the ground is slippy is so awful, I'm terrified of it. My mum many years ago knocked herself unconsious when she fell, it was dreadful. I hope Elaine manages to get to you safely.

    Your card is so elegant, I love the white, it's gorgeous, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very elegant card. I love the Christmas tree die and fab big bow.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is stunning, so elegant! Loving the bow!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete