Sunday, 20 January 2013

"Another Corner Card"

Hello friends, how are you all coping?  Our snow is still here but at least at the moment we are managing to get out.  
 Thank you for  calling by and leaving all your lovely comments, makes Blogging so much more fun.
Don`t know if anyone else has found that Blogging actually makes you want to make things.  I had a couple of days during the week when I felt I could not be bothered.  Knowing that I needed something to post it made me get a move on.  Not at a fast pace I may add but I did get up and make some cards.
We were at our "Christmas Family Gathering" this afternoon, tt is always held at sister Jackie`s.  Her 50th Birthday was in December, everything was put off as they had a lot of different celebrations, between works parties nights out with friends.  We decided to delay it till today, seemed funny doing the Secret Santa in January but nice to get a little gift away from all the stuff you get at Christmas.
For a time yesterday we did not think we would manage with all the snow.  Today is was a lot wetter so no problems, I just hope it does not freeze overnight. 





This is another take on the the "Corner Card" I did last week.

 Base card 6 x 6 Centura Pearl
Spellbinder corner Dies cut and mounted on white card approx 41/2 x 41/2
This mounted onto my base using foam pads for height
Three corners rolled into cones and filled with Roses
Triple Bow tied on my trusty Bow Maker
Stick Pins and Pearls from my Stash
Sentiment a Just Rite Stamp

That`s it for today
I will be back with something else tomorrow
Thank you for popping in I really appreciate it

Patricia  xx




Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Patricia I love those corner dies might have to pop them on my wish list.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I love the sentiment. That is a smashing die you have used. Love the idea of the rose cones. No sign of a thaw here. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous classy card Patricia, love the dies you have used & beautiful flowers pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Patricia. Must get my corner dies out! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia. I cannot find these dies anywhere and I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautifully designed card Patricia. I love the way you have used the wonderful corner die and the flowers are gorgeous.
    We had a bit more snow today but I think we may be due for some rain here tomorrow, my children are disappointed as they were hoping for another day off school.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia, gorgeous card, love the white on white with a splash of colour. Know how you feel being stuck indoors gives you the opportunity to craft more. Your Family Day sounds fun.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, gorgeous card..lovely layout! The only plus side to this weekend's snow is that I don't often get the chance to just stay in and craft, but we haven't been far from the door since Friday and it's been bliss..alas, this morning I have to struggle into work, and I walk so I'm dreading the ice! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great card Patricia. I think it is great to have your celebration later. There is so much going on around Christmas that January is inevitably quite flat so to have something to celebrate is great. Glad you got there. We hope we will get out today because John has a hospital appointment. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Patricia, I'm a big fan of corners but haven't seen these anywhere
    Love how you've positioned them and placed your roses in one of the points
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Patricia, light snow on top of slippiness for us during the night, so it will be treacherous under foot today.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, Another beautiful card, loving the corners on this card, I must try this idea, thanks for sharing. I adore the sentiment, and the roses are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Patricia

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas family gathering. We had one as late as March one year as that was the only time we could get all the family together!!

    Your card is gorgeous as always and I love the sentiment and embellishments.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    Another STUNNING corner die card, really love this card. I too putting corner dies on my 'wish' list. You are really a talented card maker.
    It must have been fun at your Christmas family gathering, so glad the weather did not spoil it. I woke up to 8in of snow this morning, oh what joy, or not!!!!
    Have a lovely day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, what a fabulous design, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patricia this is one beautiful card! Simply exquisite! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Patricia. Love the corner die and your flowers and bow look really pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patricia this is so beautiful, I just love it altogether.

    Your design is so elegant, and that bow, well say no more. have a lovely day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    a superb card. Love those corner dies too. can feel a purchase coming on.lol.
    Your family day sounds wonderful and a fab idea.
    Have a wonderful warm and crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia - we too had a second Christmas on January 5th when Jules's eldest son and his wife could make it over- it was lovely. Love your card and glad you like my heart. I hope it comes in handy one day.

    Take care - Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The OCD in me loves the symmetrical design of this (and your best wishes) corner card. And the bouquet is perfect. Oh you do have some lucky friends. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooooh love this, those corner dies are fab, your card is so pretty!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete