Wednesday, 9 January 2013

"Back to the Boxes"

Hello friends, hope you are all well.  There are so many flu type bugs going about, the funny weather does not help in my opinion.   
Thank you for calling by today really glad you came to visit.

Hazel and I met up in Perth today, we had a good old face to face chat.  We chat every day on the telephone but it is so much better seeing each other.
We are seriously looking into going to the NEC Birmingham in November.  We usually go to SECC Glasgow, we will give that a miss and save out pennies for Birmingham.

I gave a few of my friends and neighbours this style of box filled with Hand Made Sweets for Christmas.  I got a call yesterday from one of the people who received one.   She loved hers and was tempted to use the box as a gift for a friend, thought about it and really did not want to part with her box.  Could I please make one she could give to her friend.
This is the one I made



You can see the Tutorial over at card-making-magic.com if you click onto Tutorials, scroll right down to the bottom it is there "Origami Box".  Once you have done one they are very easy.


I used Tilda Flower Garden and Autumn Lilac Paper stacks to make mine
These papers are a perfect weight for this project
Roses made using Spellbinder Blossom Five Dies
Butterflies Spellbinder Les Papillons Dies
Foliage a Crealies Die from Joanna Sheen
Lace, Pearls and Ribbon from my stash

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in I really appreciate it

Patricia

Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful, these boxes are so easy and fun to make but there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything are there lol.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always decorate your origami boxes so beautifully, Patricia. Love this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, while I have been waiting on my mojo returning, I have been playing. One project is these origami boxes and as you say once you have made one you will see how easy they are. I have also been making roses and I bought a Tonic Die set from myself as a Christmas pressie, lily, cornflower, begonia and anenome and they produce some lovely flowers. Hope to show some photos soon.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why she asked you to make another Patricia, its stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is stunning Patricia. I really love the design and the detailing you have added is so beautiful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautifully box Patricia...I bough some more paper pretty paper yesterday to make some more. Love how you have decorated this gorgeous box

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Patricia love how you decorate your boxes

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia,
    I agree with everyone else, you decorated these boxes so beautifully, I really think they are stunning.
    So glad you are trying to go to NEC in November, I will definitely meet up with you there, if everything goes to plan.
    Catch up with you later.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Patricia, they will both be thrilled I am sure.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Patricia, no wonder the lady didn't want to part with it, gorgeous colours, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Patricia. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, This box is absolutely stunning, love the papers you have used, love the flowers and foliage, the lace is beautiful. I'm away now to look at the tutorial.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely box Patricia. The beauty is that they are so easy to make, yet look so stunning. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous Patricia. I think she will be delighted. The colours are just so scrumptious. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful box Patricia. It's a real compliment when someone can't part with their own and want another for a friend. :)

    I hope you have a spectacular new year and all the very best to Hazel for continued health and strength. xxx
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love all the embellies, so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous box Patrica..beautifully embellished! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning Patricia, so much attention to detail. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. another beautiful box Patricia, no wonder the lady could not part with hers, fabulous flowers ...pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your boxes and this one is a feast for the eyes. Loving the lacy elements (got a thing about lace too!) and the butterflies and flowers are stunning. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete