Wednesday, 23 January 2013

"Butterfly Box"

Hello my friends, how are you all??  Well that blooming snow is very deep and STILL falling.
This weather is all so, so weird, knee deep in some parts and just a few miles away there is no snow.  If you were watching the BBC news the other day they were showing Dunkeld about 22 miles north west from here, they were getting the same as us.  Knee deep in the white stuff and falling like fury.  The fish lady came today, was not for one minute expecting her.  Knock at the door and there she was, no snow in Arbroath 25 miles east from us and on the coast...........................weird or what!!!
Thank you for popping by today and for all your lovely comments on previous posts.   I read them all and I do appreciate you taking the time to comment.
Cancelled meeting Hazel today,  I am stuck, I would have had to dig my car out.  I could have used the 4 x 4 but would not have seen where to go for the thick freezing fog.  
Stayed at home and Boy! did I use my time well.  Actually it all started last night (Tuesday).  On Monday I was working with some card and papers.  I have to tiedy up every day as I craft in the kitchen/diner.  I had put these things away and could I find them....................not on your Nellie!!!  
It started a "Massive" clear out.  I have Ikea Units in the spare bedroom all nicely hidden away, I am a bit of a  "Neat Freak".    I went though loads of A4 plastic boxes, things I had not used since this time last year went in a Big Box I had at hand.  No card and papers found there.....................!!!  I have a bag that I pop bits for the school in, looked in that...............................not in there............!!!
By this time it was late and almost time for bed.  Cup of tea, PJs on still thinking but still no card and papers...............................!!!  Woke at 3.32am BINGO I remembered I had popped them in my "Bit Box" so that they would be at hand for when I needed them.............................now I have forgotten what I wanted them for in the first place.........only joking!!!!  
Have gone off the notion of what I wanted to use them for but I do have very tidy craft boxes, cupboards and drawers.
I am still tidying up and have loads and loads of stuff to go to the school.  Hazel is taking some for her Grandsons nursery and school.



Today`s offering is a box that I did last Thursday evening with Elaine.  She wanted to make some boxes, she went off home with 3 plus a couple that I had made.  I kept this one to finish off and decorate, finished it today.

Box made with Kraft Card 3 x 3 x 3
Papers came free with a magazine
Corners triple embossed.   They are Spellbinders but I don`t know the name of them
Butterfly is Spellbinders new Les Papillon Two cut in Kraft and Pink card
Some Pearls from my stash
I distressed the edges of the box to give it an antique look

That`s it for today
Thank you  for taking time to call in

Nearly forgot:-  I know Michelle (Happy 2 craft) comments on a lot of your Blogs.
Her Mum had a stoke on Tuesday/Wednesday and is in hospital paralysed down her right hand side.
She said she will get back to you all but does not know when.
Please keep Michelle and her mum in your thoughts

Patricia   xx

 



 

Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Patricia, love the antiqued look you've given it. We've got sleet coming down at the moment...I wonder what the morning will bring! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Patricia. I love the colours and gorgeous butterflies.
    I hope your weather improve soon, we have rain here now.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box Patricia and beautifully decorated....hope your snow starts to melt soon and life gets back to normal...thanks for telling us about Michelle's mum

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

  4. Big sis what are you like!!! You will have to write it down where you have put things. The nusery and school are going to love you for all the crafty bits.. Your box is lovely I see that butterfly has got in there again. Keep warm and safe.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous box Patricia, Beautiful papers.. I am always putting things away & never remembering where I put the them Grrrr ... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,
    superb box and decoration of it. Love the papers and the
    butterfly.
    I am always looking for something or the other that I have put away and can't find. Still haven't found those darn lovely designed paper clips I bought a few years ago.
    I seem to spend more and more time looking for something than crafting. lol.
    Now where did I put my specks, oh yes they are on my
    face. lol.
    Have a lovely crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Patricia

    Loving the little butterfly box. Such gorgeous colours and patterns.

    Well done on the crafty sort out. Always feels good to get a little straighter doesn't it .. .. but if you are anything like me you re-arrange things and find a "better" place to keep something but still keep going back to the "old place" to find it. LOL!!

    It sounds like your weather is horrendous at the moment.

    Stay safe.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful box Patricia. It sounds like quite a few of us are tidying up and out for one reason or another. Keep safe and warm.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box Patricia. Great idea to use the Kraft card - I have some to use up. Wish I could waken up and remember where I put a mask that I have been searching for. Will probably find it when I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the box and they way you have finished it off.... would be absolutely wonderful filled with choccies xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning sweetie, wowzers this is amazing!!! Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, Loving the box, glad you now have tidy craft boxes, but fancy the solution coming to you at that time in the morning !!!
    My thoughts and prayers are with Michelle and her Mum.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous box Patricia, I think your corners are from the Lattice Accents and I love the antique look. I think I tidied my mojo away, really must get on with BIL card. Thank you for passing on Michelle's sad news - we will hope her mum makes a full recovery. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Patricia, another beautiful box, love the papers and dies you have used, no the feeling I put things away safe, then cannot find them..thinking of michelles mum, hope things pick up soon, and a speedy recovery
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely box Patricia. Great papers & embellishments. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    Another beautiful box,Love those corners i also think they are lattice motifs Thank you for passing on Michelle's sad news - we will hope her mum makes a full recovery. x














    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work Patricia, I love the colours and that butterfly is gorgeous.

    Take care when in the snow, the weather is very strange, goodness knows what we will have over the weekend, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful box Patricia. I love the pretty papers and all your embellies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful box Patricia, love the papers. Thanks for letting us know about Michelle, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful box Patricia, I love the corners and the colours you have used.
    Don't think i know Michelle, but Do hope Mum makes a good recovery, prayers are said for her xx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete