Tuesday, 1 January 2013

"Happy New Year"

Happy New Year Blog Friends and many, many more to come. 
Thank you very much for joining me this first day of 2013. 
I am really looking forward to my first full year of Blogging and hope you will continue to journey with me.  I really enjoyed having you with me last year, I also enjoyed managing to follow the Blogs of those who left such lovely messages and learning from all you talented people out there.
I hope you all had a great Christmas and Santa was good to you.   He was good to me, I got quite a few Crafty things but guess what..............!!!! he forgot to put some "Inspiration" inside the packets.  I am really struggling here to get back into the Crafting Mode.

We had devasting floods here the Friday/Saturday before Christmas.  Our house was safe but my friend Pearl was flooded out.  Pearl and her husband are now living in a Holiday Cottage belonging to a very large Estate just along the road from where her house is.  Pearl is well known in the small community, so when the Estate Manager saw the pictures of her house on the Television News, he was on the phone and offered them the Holiday Cottage.   At least she is able to keep an eye on things being so near.  Everything is so slow just now with the holidays, hopefully next week Pearl will see some signs of movement.  They are saying 6 to 9 months before she will get back into her house.   The rain dramatically changed the whole landscape of the surrounding countryside.   The fields we look out on to became rather large lakes.  The lakes have gone now but there is no way we can walk accross the fields or even walk through the woods everything is just MUD!!!



I made today`s card to wish you all A Very Happy New Year.    Very plain and simple it was all I could get round to doing.

Base card approx 5 x 7 white card
White card embossed using Spellbinder Music Embossing Folder
A double piece of Navy Ribbon with a buckle embellishment from my box.
Computer generated Greeting cut out using Spellbinder Floral Oval, mounted on a Classic Oval cut in Navy card stock

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it

Patricia 


Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. A Very Happy New Year to you and John, hope Hazel is fine. Just longing to get back blogging once more on a regular basis. Best wishes to you all x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing the same back to you, Patrica...Happy Hogmanay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Sorry for the typo...too much Pernod - Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU PATRICIA.

    Looking forward to what you will post throughout 2013.
    I know you will come up with some stunning projects.
    Your mojo will come back with a vengance, after it has recovered from the Christmas madness.
    Health and Happiness to you Patricia.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Patricia! I know exactly what you mean about getting back into the crafting mode - I feel exactly the same. Hopefully once the lethargy of Christmas has worn off we can get back to normal! Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete

  6. Patricia , I think I will have to give you a few cards to make to get you inspired back into crafting mood. Calum was so pleased you had a card on your blog this morning, he was disappointed you haven't blogged for a few days he loves to look at your blog. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous Patricia. I wish you a very Happy New Year too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia. Just take it easy getting back into the swing of things. Have a wonderful year and enjoyable crafting. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very Happy New Year to you Patricia...lovely card...but know what you mean about getting back into crafty mode.. Still the sun is out today to thats a start!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card,especially the music embossing. Happy New Year and I hope the weather improves. We had plenty of rain in the Central Region but your area seems to have been particularly hard hit. Love Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    Thank you for the lovely card, it is superb as always.
    So sorry to hear of all the chaos the weather brought to your neck of the woods.
    Still you sound as if Santa was very good to you.lol.
    I hope you manage to get the mojo working soon.
    Happy New Year to you and yours especially Hazel.
    Have a wonderful crafty New Years Day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you too Patricia. We've been lucky and missed the worst of the rain thank goodness but feel so sorry for those affected.
    Your card is gorgeous so your creative self can't be very far away. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so lovely Patricia, I like the music embossing its fab.
    I am sorry you had to endure such rain and mud. My heart goes out to Pearl and her family, but how fabulous to be given a cottage to live in during this bad time . There are some fantastic people out there .
    I hope your Christmas went well and May I wish you and your family a Very Happy New Year Biggest Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, A Happy New Year to yourself and John and also your Sister, Hazel.
    Your card is really beautiful, simple but elegant.
    My heart goes out to your friend, Pearl, and thanks to a kind person she has somewhere to stay which is not far away, it seems such a long time that she will be away, it is heartbreaking. My prayers are with her and her family.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Patricia, John and family, and also to Hazel and her family. I've missed your blogs over the last wee while and also your lovely creations, but I'm sure you will be back on track soon. In fact this card is lovely, so thank you.

    What an awful thing to happen to your friend Pearl, so devastating, I hope she hasn't lost too many precious things. Thank goodness for a very kind estate manager to offer her accommodation. I'ts just so heartbreaking for all those folks who have suffered because of the floods. my thoughts are with those folk.

    Looking forward to more of your new creations, take care, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Patricia, I know what you mean regarding inspiration I've been out of the loop since Friday before Christmas and although I have managed to finish a card that has taken me days to do so here's hoping that inspiration returns in a hurry

    jacqui x




    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Patricia!!! Simple and very elegant card, love it!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete