Tuesday, 1 January 2013

"New Home Card"

Hello Blog Friends I hope you all had a good day today and not been indulging too much!!!!
Thank you for taking time to have a wee look at what I have been up to. 
Very quite here, thank goodness, I really do not like the New Year much.
John, Audrey and the boys were all at their village "New Years Scottish Celebrations" last night.  We are always invited but John is not able for all this energetic dancing about now.  Since he broke his back in an accident quite a few years ago he finds by the time late evening comes it is hard enough to walk any distance let alone dance.  John and Audrey always have two sets of friends staying over.   They never seem to get going till late morning early afternoon when they all go for a walk.  
We leave it till the 2nd for them to come here for a meal, got everything I need just have to cook it all. 
My friend and neighbour Isobel, her Son and his girlfriend have just got the keys to a beautiful apartment in an old converted mill in Blairgowrie about 8 miles from here.  They are moving in together (Oh! how the young ones do things).  Anyway we wish them all the very best in their new home.  I have made this card to go with the gift I hope to get for them on Thursday when the shops open.   I bought a new set of cutlery for us on Sunday, came opened it up washed it and put it into use.  Isobel came over and told me about Rory and Paula.............could she not have come before I opened the box.  I could have given them the set of cutlery, we all need to eat.  I am sure they would have a use for set of tools to eat with.  I would not normally give a gift in this sort of situation, Rory is a great help to us doing things like cutting the Field Hedge that runs along the front of our property, chopping logs and doing other bits and pieces.


This is my card for Rory and Paula
I am sure it was Christine who showed a New Home card a few months ago.  Her idea stuck in my mind so if it was you Christine thank you for the inspiration I really need all I can get just now.  

Base grey card stock 4 x 6 approx  
Printed paper from my Bit Box plus a bit of floral that was lurking beside the check stuff in the box
Black and grey bits of card
Computer generated Greeting cut with Spellbinder Floral Oval Die mounted onto black card
Black ribbon, and a butterfly.
Looking at this it is really a "Bit Box Card"

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in I really appreciate it

Patricia   




Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia, Love the design & colours, Wishing you & your family a Happy New Year... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, great card , Rory and Paula will love it I am sure. Good to see you back posting will try my best tomorrow, too much getting in the way of cafting just now. Hope you hada great day and hopevyou have a wonderful New Year.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely new home card, Patricia. I love the monotone colours and your sweet metal butterfly:)
    Happy New Year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the elegant design and fabulous colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely card Patricia. Love the backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, This is a beautiful 'New Home' card, Rory and Paula will love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. Good morning Patricia, Well not so much of the good, lashing with rain here. Oh another day so horrible weather but needs must we will brave the elements and go out with the dog. Your card for Rory and Paula is lovely and it's nice to get cards and presents and more so as its there first home together.


    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Patricia,
    A lovely card today, love the layout and the font you have used for the sentiment. Rory and Paula will love it. I too seem to have lost my inspiration abit, went into craft room and sat for an hour, ended up sorting not making, hee hee.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Patricia. I am doing a lot of messing about but not much to show for it! Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your card Patricia, black and white are so stunning together. I know what you mean about new Year festivities, if we didn't go to our friends to see it in, I would be in my PJs with a mug of coffee watching the clock ready to go to bed at one minute past the bells. Sad or what! Anyway, have a good day today, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    beautiful card. Love the butterfly. Good luck to the recipients and may they share many happy years together. Their flat sounds wonderful.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous New home card Patricia. Love the design.
    Happy New Year
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Patricia, love the monochrome scheme. Happy New Year to you. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card ,Happy new year .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layout of this card Patricia!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete