Thursday, 24 January 2013

"Pink Tote Bag"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are all well and coping with the weather.  The forecast for this area of Perthshire overnight and tomorrow is horrendous.
We managed to get along to Forfar today, stocked up with plenty of "Fresh" meat, fruit and veg.
Ordered some more coal for next week.  We have central heating but also love the coal fire on when it is so wintery out there. Plenty of logs in the log store so we will certainly be cosy whatever they throw at us. 
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you enjoy your visit.  Thank you for all your lovely comments on my Butterfly Box.  I read all your comments, of course it you leave a comment I can link to you and see what you get up to with your crafting.


I started this project on Monday, then of course Tuesday saw me having a clear out looking for "Bits" I put away "safely" then could not find them!!!....................typical, just typical. 
I had lost the card and envelopes for the little cards I was making to put in the Tote Bag.
I made 6 little 4 x 4 cards from my Bit Box.  On Monday evening I sorted out all the bits I was going to use, gathered them altogether.  Decided it was rather late to start actually making up the cards, popped them at the very back of the Bit Box.  I cleared up putting everything away till Tuesday when I could not find then.  However found and all sorted.   Bag made, cards made, I made the cards as any occasion little cards to pop inside the bag.  I will also put  some stamps in the purse at the front, that way there are the cards and the stamps to post them.

Bag made using a template I found last week while looking for something entirely different.  I noticed the date printed on the sheet was 2009 that`s when I had downloaded it.  Unfortunately there was no other information.

I used a 12x12 sheet from my Tilda "Autumn Lilac" Paper stack for the bag
Pink Co-ordinations card 
Some Brads from my stash
The purse is the reverse side of the card and is the pattern inside the bag.
I did some Faux stitching to finish off

Bag measures 7" wide 5" high  including the handle's it is 71/2" high
I enjoyed doing this and have made a few others that still have to be finished off.

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate it

Patricia   xx



Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. this is a fabulous project Patricia, love the style of the bag and the colour ..pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia this a fabulous what's shame you cant remember where it came from...love the style your bag and what pretty papers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous bag Patricia and what a great way to use it - a perfect little gift. I think we're going to miss most of the snow again! Carol x

    ReplyDelete

  4. Patricia. I remember this little bag, you made one of these for me a couple of years ago oh dear maybe it was as far back as 2009. Doesn't time fly, I wish it would fly by quickly at the moment and be the end of May and we would be heading off to the sun in Turkey. Anyway I still love this little bag and I love this card that you have used.
    Keep safe and warm. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Patricia

    What a wonderful little bag.

    I looks so lovely.

    Gorgeous colours and design.

    Our weather is due to take a turn for the worse again today too with lots of rain forecast for later .. .. but then it will all be washed away with rain on Saturday and Sunday. Then we will have the floods to contend with!!! Eeeeekkk!!!

    Have a good day today.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Patricia. I love the design and gorgeous colours.
    Take care in the snow, hopefully things will improve for you soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project Patricia, love the papers and colours, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift idea Patricia. We are expecting snow this afternoon, I am looking out at apink sky at the moment. Keep safe and warm.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia, This bag is fabulous, what a brilliant idea and such a fantastic gift too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning sweetie, this is fabulous! hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fabulous Patricia. It has reminded me that I bought some plastic templates (of bags) years ago and had forgotten about them as I never used them - it is now time to get them out. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous bag Patricia. I love the style and gorgeous colour.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patricia, your Tote Bag is stunning. I love the colours you have used and it has all come to-gether beautifully. I hope you are keeping warm in this cold weather. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing Patricia, love your papers
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love this Patricia, so different to what ive seen! Colours are gorgeous!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love this Patricia, so different to what ive seen! Colours are gorgeous!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic Patricia, you are so talented being able to make this, Your bags and boxes are wonderful, gifts in themselves.
    Sounds as if you'll survive the awful weather, you are getting it bad down your way. We have had a bit of sleet this afternoon, but mostly rain. take care, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous bag Patricia and I love the colour and detailing. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    what a superb tote bag. You are so clever. Love it just love it.
    Sorry to hear about all your snow.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia - what a lovely little bag, and such lovely colours.

    Take care - Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete