Thursday, 7 February 2013

"Another little Box"

Another day and another box!!   Been a nice bright day if rather cold, I can cope with that,as long as the snow stays away.   Hope the weather and day has been good for you.

Thank you for calling by today, I really enjoy reading all the comments you leave.

I had one of those days today, really could not be bothered doing anything crafty..............lazy or what.
However managed to get myself motivated once all the chores were done and make this little box.
I did think about this the other day and was going to make it and enter it in "In the Pink Challenge"   I had got all the card and paper ready but did not make the box. 


Box approx 3 x 3 x 4
I used Pink card stock to make the basic box.
I embossed some Pink co-ordinations card with Spellbinders Paisley Folder.
Cut some panels and attached them to the sides and top of the box
Sanded it back to distress it a little
Cut and attached some corners which I also sanded
Threaded lace with burgundy organza ribbon and attached  
Die cut a circle for the top of the box
Made a Rose using Spellbinders Blossom Five Die popped that on the top
A pearl on four sides where the corners meet

The challenge for "In The Pink" was to be "Distressed" it is too late for that now.  The only good thing is that actually made something today.

Elaine comes this evening,  Don`t know how she will be her dog died on Monday.  He was only 4 maybe 5 years old, he had been ill on Sunday.   She has not been able to get her head round loosing him so quickly.   No crafting this evening I think I just need to be there for her.

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in I really appreciate it

Patricia  xx






Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Patricia, love your ribbon lace. It was much warmer here today than yesterday thank goodness. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    Yes, I'm back...but it's a bit hit and miss as things are still miles off being back to normal here. Things never go to plan.....do they?
    Your box is beautifully created, with lots of lovely texture and detail. I love your rose!
    So sorry to hear about Elaine's dog. It's heartbreaking to loose a pet. They give so much unconditional love. She will be feeling so sad right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is very pretty Patricia and great idea to add corners, would never have thought of that....and it's so sad to lose a pet, I feel for your friend.
    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. HiPatricia, beautiful box, love the paper, and colours. It is sad to loose a pet especially if it is unexpected. Hope Elaine is OK.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Patricia, what a beautiful box, I love the rose, exquisit work.

    So sorry to hear of Elaine's dog's death. It's so hard, especially when it is so sudden, that was the way Cuillin died and I'm still not really over it. We invest so much in our pets,dogs especially give such unconditional love...if an animal can feel that emotion, personally I think they can. I do hope Elaine can find some comfort, being with you will help. Have a restful evening, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia your box is just lovely and I am sure you could have entered it into the distressed challenge as the sanding will count as distressing. Sorry to hear about your friend's dog, we are still coming to terms with loosing our cat Louis last week and it is very difficult. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. GM Patricia,
    such a lovely box, I wouldnt of thought of using corners in this way but they are truly lovely, Its so sad as everyone has said when we lose a pet, big hugs for Elaine,Im sure you will be a great comfort to her

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous box. I do love the corners. Sorry to hear that Elaine has lost her little dog - she must be devastated - they are another member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful box Patricia. I love the design and gorgeous detailing.
    Sorry to hear that Elaine has lost her dog, I am sure you will be of great comfort to her.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely box Patricia and a gorgeous rose on the top
    How devastating for your friend my Beni is 4 and I couldn't imagine how I would feel to lose him
    Love and Hugs to Elaine
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, A beautiful box, done in your gorgeous style.
    My heart goes out to Elaine, I too lost one of my cats last Friday, he had been ill all the week, we had only had brother and sister from the RSPCA for nearly 3 years, Lloyd was nearly 7, we are devastated and his sister Lizzie is so confused because she has been with him all her life, she is constantly miaowing and wants attention all the time. So I know exactly what your friend, Elaine, is going through and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. I really hope you can be a comfort to your friend, Patricia.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty box Patricia and quite a handy little size for popping all sorts of things in. Extremely frosty and extremely cold here but the sun is shining so I'm off to town to do my shopping. Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning sweetie, this is just stunning, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Patricia. What a beautiful box and that rose on the top looks perfect. Hope you and Elaine have a nice quiet evening and you manage to take her mind off the sadness of losing her beloved pet. Talking will be important to her I think. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous box, I love the way you have done your corners. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a bright, pretty box Patricia - so sorry about Elaine's dog :( Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful box Patricia. I love the colour and all the pretty embellies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good afternoon Patricia, such a lovely box. So sorry to hear of your friends loss, but I am sure you being there for her will comfort her. Keep warm.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very pretty box Patricia....great colours and fabulous embellishments

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. OoooH this is very pretty and I love the colour you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous box Patricia, Love the design & wonderful detail.. Beautiful colours! I love your flowers.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. another beautiful box Patricia, gorgeous colour, lovely flowers,
    sorry about Elaine`s dog, she must be heartbroken, our lab is 4yrs now, would hate anything to happen to him, took along time to get over loosing our last dog, we had two then..pam

    ReplyDelete