Monday, 4 February 2013

"Back to the Cards"

Hello there how are you all........got more snow yet?   We have had the weirdest weather here today.  No thick snow as I type but it is certainly threatening, also very windy.  The table tamp I have in the hall has been off and on so often today I am sure it will start spinning!!!  One minute it was dark next the sun shone.
Thank you for calling in today and for all your comments on my last post. it might just inspire someone out there to make similar, to hold bits and bobs.
That Post came about because I craft in the kitchen.
I have one of those wooden Carousel thingy`s which holds lots of bits and pieces.  Because I don`t have a Craft Room or Craft Desk I need something I can just grab and use at the kitchen table or at my kitchen counter top.
Talking about crafting in the kitchen:-  Pearl was along the other day she is still out of her own house due to the flooding it suffered.   She asked if I could spare some Ribbon and Lace to use on a project she had in mind..  Yes! of course was the reply.  I reached up and got a couple of boxes from the kitchen cupboard when I heard her laugh...................everyone else I know has food and other kitchen things in their cupboards..............................you have Crafty Stuff!!!!
When we rebuilt the kitchen a couple of years ago we designed it so that I had a Double Cupboard wall unit then coming down I had two drawers and the the double lower unit.  Our little secret so as long as no one is helping me in the kitchen.  Who knows what is behind those doors or in the drawers?????

Right enough of the Blurb!!!
Back to "cards" again.  
Hazel`s younger daughter asked for a mans card, this is not it but it is very similar.  Once hers was made I thought I would do one for my box.


Base card 5 x 7 approx Kraft Card
Cream Card Stock pierced round the edge
Kraft Card embossed with Spellbinder Harlequin folder, sanded back a little
I cut out the cogs using the new Spellbinder Cog Die in various sizes and colours
Banner I made to fit the card and chopped out the tails
Greeting computer generated

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping in I hope you liked what you saw
I really appreciate all your comments and love reading them

Patricia   xx



Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia

    What a great card for the males.

    I think I can find crafty goodies in every room in our house .. .. except for the bathroom. That at least is a craft free storage room.

    We have just heard the weather forecast and might be getting a "light flurry" of the white stuff.

    Just when we thought it was on its way out!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Patricia, you have posted early tonight are you worried the power will go over night? Like you our weather is weird.

    A very man card and very different for you but great as normal. Take care. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card Patricia. Love the cogs and the harlequin background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card Patricia, love all your cogs. We had the same weird weather this afternoon - this morning was lovely. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    wonderful male card. Love that embossing and the colour card you have used.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, it does not matter where we craft as long everything is to hand. Love your man card so impressive. The cogs and background are "manly" and a break from your usual cards.

    We have lots of the white stuff this morning.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fab male card Patricia! I almost bought that set of dies but then didn't and I really wish I had done now! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Patricia, we have the snow, quite a thick covering. Started last yesterday on and off, but within an hour at tea time it was fast and furious so much so I decided not to go to choral practise, and what a wise decision that was as my friend phoned me later to say she didn't stay and cars were stuck on the hill that I would have had to return home by. I would say looking out this morning it's been snowing again throught the night.

    Anyway, to your card, great man card, all the elements are very manish, I think it's marvellous, especially the embossing, have a great day, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ethis card Patricia what a great male card.

    Although I have room in my conservatory for crafting I also have space in my kitchen where I craft as well. I have under counter storage and I use space ontop to cut and layer up my cards there is just no way my little desk would take a guillotine or cuttlebug :)
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card. I love the embossing and the cogs look brilliant.
    I hope you have a good Tuesday
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous male card Patricia love your cog dies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning sweetie, what a gorgeous creation, I love it huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Last night we had horrendous thunder and lightening, it was unlike any we have had before, then this morning we have lots of snow coming down, horrid, and it's really cold again.
    Your male card is lovely, loving the harlequin background. I have my hubby's Birthday card to do before 14th Feb (his birthday), better get cracking this weekend ha ha.
    Lots of love fromm Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    what a great man's card i want those cogdies might go on my birthday list lol, thanks for your support on my blog i think its about done now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Patricia, great card for a man. Thunder and snow for us last night, and lots of little flurries of snow and hailstone today, but it is forecast rain for later. Keep warm.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous mans card Patricia. I love all the cogs and wheels, great colours too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card for the males in our lives! I have a friend wwho is just the same as you Patricia. She crafts in her kitchen and has all her stash in designated cupboards there. Whatever works, is what I say! WE have no snow just yet but it is threatening, and the forecast is for snow, so it probably won't be long! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Patricia, we have had Wind Rain and Sun to-day, but thankfully no snow. I hear to-morrow is to be very icy though. I love your card to-day, a great idea for a male card as I struggle with these. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great guy card Patricia! Love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super Guy Card Patricia!! Love the great texture and fun gears & Cogs too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete