Friday, 22 February 2013

"Five minute Card"

Hello Blog friends, thank you for popping into my wee corner of Blogland.  
Oh! My! Word it was so cold today, dry which was a bonus.  I am really getting just a "Tad" fed up of the winter now.  I suffer from S.A.D. which I take Vitamin D to help.   I think it works and am not prepared to stop it just in case..................!!!!  I usually do stop at the beginning of May and start again end of October.  Have had one of these Lamps but it did not help me................anyway enough of the moaning.

I got a frantic call from a neighbour, her daughter had won a schools Short Story competition. Could I  please make a card before she got home, something with books.   Now this was at approx 2.30 the bus brings the children home at 3.30.   What did I do????? ..........well rummaged in the Bit Box AGAIN of course!!!!


Here is my card and yes! it did take all of 5mins to put together I think that is quite obvious.  Took me the rest of the time to "Think" of something relating to books.

Base card 6 x 6 pre-scored card
Lilac Card from stash
Paterned paper a Freebie Pad from a magazine
I cut strips to represent the books and placed them on a strip of Kraft card made to look like a Book Shelf.  Added a couple of Brads and some peel off .
Decorated the books best I could  and added the Congratulations stamp.

Customer happy, thank goodness.

Must be Area thing with the schools at the moment.    Robert won a "Poetry Reciting" competition on Tuesday.  Went onto the Area Finals yesterday and came in 6th.  Now I really do not know how many were in the Finals it might just have been 6 ...................!!!!    He took part that`s the main thing, Thomas well he`s just Thomas good at a few things but do not ask him to "compete".


That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate it
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia  xx 

Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. I think you rose to the challenge well Patricia. Love what you've done with your bits. I think it was slightly warmer here today although it was trying to snow when I walked the dog this afternoon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been panic stations here Patricia. I think for such short notice you created a fabulous bookshelf card which I'm sure was really appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for our bit boxes, it's amazing what can be produced from it in a hurry. Great card made in such a short time, if anyone can do it you can and did.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I don't think I could have even made a card in an hour let alone think of what to do and finish a card well done girl!!
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bit box is seriously coming up trumps Patricia. LOVE the idea of these books. Such a clever design. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a brilliant job in 5 minutes! A gorgeous card, with really pretty papers too.
    Congratulations to Robert on his poetry reciting.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever interpretation of a book shelf Patricia. She must have been thrilled. It's still below freezing here and snow flurries forecast. I'm so sick of winter too!! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. Big sis, I do think you are like me and love a challenge!!! And in a short space of time, the mind just goes into over drive and gets on with it. Yet again a great card is made, love the way you have done the books and the shelf.

    Tammy did it to me on Thursday she needed a baby gift for a little girl who decided to come early. Like you I managed it after a quick think.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Christine, such a fabulous design and I love the papers and detailing you have added.
    Well done to your neighbour's daughter and to Robert too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvellous card Patricia. The book shelf was a great idea. Isn't it funny how people think that a card only takes 2 minutes to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you certainly came up with a lovely card Patricia and great use of papers from your 'bit' box...congats to Robert on his Poetry reading

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card well done for doing it so quick .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh Patricia, what a brilliant card to come up with up in such a short time. I tend to panic a bit when asked to something in a hurry, my brain just won't function at all, probably my age though. Congratulations to Robert too, that was a super result for him and something he will always remember. Enjoy your Week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't of done it my brain freezes & i panic but you have done a brill job Congrats to Robert also.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this , you could make this for any booklover. Fab way of using your gorgeous bits. also reminds me of a time we used to cover books to protect them. Took me ages to do my quick card today, I was all thumbs. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Patricia, and in such a short time. Love all the different pieces of paper, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    great card designed in a matter of minutes. Very clever idea. I would still be thinking about it.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, Wow, a 5 minute card, didn't think that was possible ha ha, you certainly rise to every challenge, how genius of you to place 'books' on a 'bookshelf', it looks really, really, brilliant.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, you did a briliant job in such a short time, I bet she was thrilled! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a fab idea! I love it! Congratulations to Robert too!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia, this is so gorgeous, such a simple concept and executed with brilliance! Take heart Spring is on its way in your neck of the woods, perhaps it's just a little slow in getting there.

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous card and design.
    greetings from ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Paticia, Love the design... Brilliant idea... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete