Friday, 8 February 2013

"Gatefold with a Difference"

Hello Blog Fiends, my goodness can you believe it is the weekend AGAIN!!  Last time I looked it was sure is was Monday...................... I am sure it was..............................!!!

Thank you for popping in I love having you here.  Thank you for all your lovely comments I do like to read them all.

Elaine came last night, had floods of tears when she arrived.  By the time she left we had sore sides and jaws with all the laughing.  She made me feel good as she went out the door, she said being with me was the best thing she had done all week.  I thought her dog was a lot older, he was only 21/2, he died from a digestive problem.  They thought he might have chewed and swallowed some pieces of Logo, he was off his food for a couple of days.  Vet said he had been born with this problem and it had taken that length of time to come to light.  Elaine did say a while ago he was a very fussy eater, I joked with her and said he had gone to the right family as they are all VERY fussy eaters.


Today`s card is a bit different,.  I was trawling on YouTube around New Year time and saw a Tutorial for a Gatefold card with this style of closure.  Did try to find it again but no luck, hopeless I am on this blooming computer.   I did see a few Christmas cards with a similar idea, so had to  have a go.


Card ended up approx 6 x 6  
Cream card for one side and White for the other.
Lilac for a contrast
I used Spellbinder Marvelous Squares for all the pieces on the front
The whole set was placed on each of the colours of card and I cut them.
I them took all the individual sections and played till I got a combination that worked
Even the corner bits came from doing this.
Matted the outer frames to the left side, inner frames to the right side so they link together.
Tiny little bit from the very centre is on the left side so it is 3 way link
Attached a swirl of pearls, also some pearls in the corners

Looking at it now I think I should have used better contrasts.  Other than that I am happy with it.
I remember Sue Wilson saying that when you get new Die Sets to cut them all out and "Play" that`s what I did and it works.  
Sue Wilson is to be back on our screens 4th 8th and 17th of March well that`s the plan at the moment.  I love watching Sue demonstrate, for me she has some great idea

That`s it for today
Have a fantastic weekend
Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it


Patricia   xx










25 comments:

  1. Your card has gone awol Patricia - it sounds lovely though! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie, something went wrong with you photo. you might want to repost it. I'm sure tis amazing just like you!

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooops Patricia, no photo, from your description it sounds good.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia love that style of card and your dies look great done this way
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Patricia, I love the design and the delicate colours are beautiful.
    I hope you have a good Saturday
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Patricia, this is gorgeous! I really must try something like this. You have used my favourite colour and I think the contrast works beautifully. I love Marvellous Squares and Resplendent Rectangles, my favourite dies I think - until I see something else! I know what you mean about seeing a tutorial and then losing it. I always say I will bookmark it. Sometimes I remember but more often not!

    Hope your snow went. It is quite heavy here and a good thick layer. Glad I did my food shopping yeterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card-just beautiful. That would be perfect for a friends birthday as its just her colours. I have 5 months to re-create it and the speed I go I might just manage it!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a fabulous card Patricia just love those frames...love your colours and what a great design.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia, This card is absolutely gorgeous, I, too, love these dies, and the colours are my favourites, so can't fail to please ha ha.
    So glad you were able to help and comfort your friend Elaine, my thoughts are with her.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Patricia. The design is one I admire but have never tried - it is off http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/ Bekka Feken did it a number of months ago and I keep meaning to do. Take a look at her blog you will love her style of cards. You have done a marvellous job and the colours are gorgeous. Hope you like her blog. M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the style and the pretty die cuts.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow stunning I love it might try this for my husband as our anniversary id coming up as i have to post his card it has to be fairly flat so this is ideal I dunno about this blogging couldnt even turn my photos the right way today THINK I MIGHT START TO DRAFT IT FIRST WORK OUT WHAT IM GOING TO SAY SO I DONT MAKE A MESS OF IT LOL Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulous Patricia. Everything about just oozes class. The colours are wonderful too. Enjoy your week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Patricia this is a real stunner, absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Patricia,this is gorgeous - worth waiting to see! Love the colours and all the dies you've used. Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card I have never seen this before and i follow amazingrace I get her design kits must start using them .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful kinetic card, Patricia. Such lovely dies and pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forgot to say.....so pleased you wrote able to cheer Elaine up and help her feel much better. So sad that her dog died at such a young age x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well worth waiting to see this gorgeous card. Knew from the description it would be lovely.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow,wow,wow this is stunning and so clever. Love the colour and the bling also. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is in the WOW!! factor Patricia, it is stunning, love these dies and the colours are fabulous. i really just love your work.

    Pleased to hear that Elaine was cheered up some by you, it's good to have friends, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is gorgeous, love the colours and use of the dies. Glad you were able to cheer up Elaine, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning sweetie, what a stunning creation, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Patricia, stunning card, love those dies, might have to buy these. you have made a beautiful card with them...pam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning Patricia - love the colour scheme

    ReplyDelete