Monday, 25 February 2013

"My BIG Project"

Hello Blog friends, a new week and a beautiful day to start it.  We have had a fantastic sunny day here, very cold but the sun was shining.   I do hope it was the same wherever you are.  Thank you for popping by today I really love having you here.
Firstly I have to thank you all for your wonderful comments on my Blog today/yesterday.
For Hazel and I,  fund raising has been part of our lives since our mum died at 41years old.  We have had quite a few things in our lives that have spurred us into action when we have slowed down.   So we just keep going, there are always people out there needing help.
Right!! my BIG project................................Elaine gave me a BIG paper mache box to see what I could do with it.  She got it and had not a clue what to do with it.   It sat on my worktop for two weeks with so many ideas going through my mind.  It is much bigger than anything I have done before, I was frightened to start and make a mess of it.   When I said this to Elaine she said "For goodness sake if you make a mess I will give just you another one, so stop panicking"  here is my finished box.




The box measures 13" x 9" x 4" 
I painted it all over with a stone coloured paint as my first thought was to make it antique looking.
I did a few roses in darker colours but did not like it one bit........................so change of heart again.
I stenciled over the whole box with my Spellbinder Butterfly and Rose Creations Dies 
All the papers for the roses are printed from a NitWit collection (always and Forever)
Roses made using Spellbinder Blossom Five Dies
Leaves Spellbinder Foliage Dies
A few accents cut in Mirri Card using a Spellbinder Die I have had for years and of course in a packet with no name...........!!!
I added some lace round the edge of the lid.

Here is the top of the box face on.

I am going to ask Elaine for another box and have a go using totally different colours.   Possibly pastel colours and see how that turns out.

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it.

Patricia   xx

25 comments:


  1. I take it Elaine has a wee stack of these boxes that all need the Patricia touch??

    You have made a beautifull job of decorating it as ever, as you said
    " a lot bigger than you normally do "
    Just goes to show what you can do with a plain box. Hazel

    P.S. I would like to just say a big thank you for all your lovely comments and well wishes you all left on Patricia's blog for me yesterday. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mean feat decorating such a large box, Patricia. But you rocked it! I love your stencilling and beautiful floral spray! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's gorgeous Patricia, love the colours and your floral arrangement is as always beautiful. Sunshine here today too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box Patricia. The flowers are gorgeous,I bet Elaine will love it too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia its a stunning box just your style! Love how you used the dies to stencil your background. Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning job Patricia, you sure pulled it with this box. Bet Elaine will have a few more lined up after seeing this.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia you have done an amazing job covering such a large box..love your stencil dies on the side and your top decoration is beautiful as always...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bx and so elegant ,can`t wait to see your other creations .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is stunning Patricia. I love the soft colours and your flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Patricia love the colours and your flowers are always beautiful
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful box Patricia. Fabulous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous box Patricia. It looks amazing! Waiting to see what you do with the next one now!! Love from Christine xx
    PS We've done it again - I have posted a box today too! LOL! Not on such a grand scale though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic box Hazel! Love the stencilling as it really helps to bring those flowers alive even more. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stencilling Patricia and you have no trouble with that size of box with your beautiful corsage. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia, This box is really beautiful, I love your colours and the stencilling, what a good idea, and the flowers, as always, are stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done you ... the box is simply gorgeous ans the colour is soft and delicate. Elaine was right to encourage you to just take the plunge and do it.... and look at the end result xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, don't know what you were worried about you are a 'boxer extraordinaire!'
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    A stunning box it is a gift in itself but with space for a lil something inside could make this a keepsake forever,Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know why you were worried, this is beautiful and no one does boxes like you!
    The colours and gorgeous and the flower arrangement looks fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Patricia your box is truly beautiful. I never cease to marvel at your talent the flowers are gorgeous. Something else for you to make and sell in the teashop perhaps . Having fun typing this out on my tablet, it's only taken me bout 15 minutes. Tke care Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. No Need to have worried.. this is Stunning Patricia.. The colours are perfect and as for those flowers they are breathtaking... Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your box is beautiful Patricia, the flowers are gorgeous and I love the stencilling around the box. Nothing to worry about after all! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful project Patricia, you have made an amazing box, would make a lovely keepsake. pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Patricia .. .. this is amazing!

    I wouldn't have known where to start.

    A beautiful finished result.

    I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more BIG projects!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is Beautiful Patricia, You really need to do more Big Projects, it is so pretty.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete